m112 manifold.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ozvenom

Just another job on the go this is for a customers vs commodore .Iam fitting a 1uz with a m112 eaton blower puchased off one of forum members.
I have started fabricating the manifold i dont thin any one has done it this way before . I have put on some pics basicly i milled out the centre of the off the lower manifold to create a plenum area and will bolt on an adaptor plate to the top with the blower mounted to the adaptor plate . I hope this enspires some of you to think out side the box and get creative .
Ps my next project is a low mount turbo install on my 1uz powered ford courier ute.no intercooler just 5 psi with a ct26. Too help with towing dutys oh and a bit of fun.

So u just chop off the top of the manifold? Do u think we can do an intergrated intercooler with a M112? Something similar to the new Mustang Supercharged 5.4 Cobra.

intercooling??

Ithink if height is not a problem you could put an water to air intercooler in between the blower and the manifold .
I prefer the water methanol injection below the blower if you use a high percentage of methanol it serves 2 purposes 1 to cool the intake charge and the other is it is a slow burning fuel so it dampens the burn thus helping control detonation. which is the biggest killer of 1uz's . i should know i have killed 2 of them with detonation which you could not hear but it sure did some damage.
I put it down to too much timing on boost . a warning to you all it starts to get expensive after a couple of engines not so much the engine but the time it takes to change them.

Oz,

Do you think you will get even air distribution with the runners cut like that. How would put bellmouths on them?

Interesting solution to an age old problem.

This will sit higher than Neil's or Jordy's set-up.

The more versions we try on manifolds the sooner we will work out what's best.

The inlets are of different sizes but are bigger than the runners so the flow will even out in the runner asit is a restriction . and under boost pressure is equal in all directions.
Iam not sure about off boost drivability. I guess i will find out soon enough . bell mouths could be fitted with a bit more fabrication. i dont think it nessary in this application.
OZ

I was thinking of fabn my manifold like that and wondered why it hadnt been done, I only want a bit more hp not balls out crazy, will wait an see how yours goes, prob use m90 coz its cheap

nearly done .

Well its been a bit more difficult than i first thought . When i welded the manifold even with it clamped to a 1" plate it bowed heaps so i had to straighten it and get it remachined.
I have just finished setting up the drive belt and have to mount the t/body and idle contoll valve.
oh and the by pass valve. it ended up being 40 mm higher than the stock plenum.
will post some pics this weekend.

mounted

Well finally i got the blower mounted and the drive sorted out.
The manifold was tig welded.
I have attached some pics it used a std vs commodre belt which was more luck than good management. and a couple of vs supercharged idlers machined flat to take the belt. They are mounted on the original idler mount and an alloy bracket which is bolted to the engine via spacers and long studs.
I will post some more pics of the t/body and idle air valve once they are mounted.
Regards oz

Are you going to chop off the jag mounting bracket on top of the blower?
Also have you got and close up photos of just the finished manifold?
Did you measure the plenium volume?
I assume the height of the manifold is the original lower section height plus the mounting plate thickness. Exelent idea - 10/10

Looks like someone got real keen with a can of silverfrost paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep the bracket will be machined off. and the silver paint is to stop the alloy coroding again after it was acid washed if you dont seal the surface it just oxidises up .

Ultimately, we should be aiming for 4 to 6 litres of plenium for a positive displacement supercharger on a 4 ltr engine. Thats what the books say, but in practice we use whatever we can work around. Due to the fact that the eatons have a twisted rotor, I recon plenium volume would not be as vital as with a straight lobe blower.
I think mine is around 3ltrs and seems to work fine. There may be some hp in the plenium volume, but how important it is is anyones guess. No dought this setup will create heaps of power!!