M10x1.25 SS Allen head cap screws or studs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Need 3-4 of M10x1.25 allen head cap screws, approx 115mm long in either 316 SS or 18-8.

That or stainless threaded rod in M10x1.25?

The fine thread pitch is an odd size for us here in the US, but maybe they're available in Europe or Oz?

I've found them in titanium, but would prefer stainless....

I'm also on the hunt for SS flanged nuts in M6x1.0, M8x1.25, and M10x1.25.

And yes, I've already tried McMaster-Carr. Just sent them a $300 order for the "rest" of the hardware ;-)

Russell - nope I've had calls into 2-3 of the larger fastener houses here in Houston, and it's the typical thing "Oh, you only want 3-4 of those? Well we'll check and get back with you." Right, when pigs fly. So I buy most of my fasteners from McMaster Carr, simply because local service is so poor. But for these fasteners, with the cap screw head in stainless, and M10x1.25 thread that's a special item, and McMaster don't/won't stock them. Same way for the M10x1.25 studs in stainless.

Max, it's just a personal tradition with me that non critical fasteners on every engine I build get changed to stainless, and I happen to like cap screw heads. I don't go for the chrome look on the motor, but I do like the look of stainless. I completely agree that Toyota fasteners are great - no complaints - this is just a personal thing. Anything in critical service gets ARP, and non critical fasteners get changed to 316SS or A2/A4 stainless cap screws, or A4 studs with A2 flange nuts.

I did finally find all these fasteners and more at a place in the UK. They've given me great service so far, during the quoting stage, so I plan to purchase them and pick them up next month on my way back home.

Once I try these out, and I'm assuming I'm happy with them, I'll plan to ask them to put together a stainless "kit" for the 1UZ, if anyone else would like to go this route. It really does dress up the motor in a hard core techie way. It's not a cheap modification, but it really does add a nice touch.