LX470 with TRD S/C: K&N FIPK kit?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

crushu

I have a 99 LX470, with a TRD supercharger kit on it. It currently runs the standard Aussie spec round aircleaner, which just fits, althought the throttle body is now 1" higher, and 1/2 inch forward, of the original location.

I need more airflow, but also want it to look fairly OEM, and am considering the K&N intake kits. I know they will be in the US spec location, and will be less effective off road, but that is not a concern.

What have others with this bodyshape and Supercharger done?

Will the K&N fit?

Sounds like a mean machine, good work!

There is a rig in QLD known as 2 RUDE, a black V8 100 series with a top mount blower, it is a torque-steering weapon!

This truck runs a Safari snorkel, hardly a perfomance mod, but does supply the motor with cold air, even if it has to negotiate the factory airbox to get to the motor.

The big advantage of a snorkel is the significantly reduced dust intake when offroad, dust is the biggest killer of engines especially if you get out into the bulldust... horrible stuff!

Sounds like a mean machine, good work!

There is a rig in QLD known as 2 RUDE, a black V8 100 series with a top mount blower, it is a torque-steering weapon!

This truck runs a Safari snorkel, hardly a perfomance mod, but does supply the motor with cold air, even if it has to negotiate the factory airbox to get to the motor.

The big advantage of a snorkel is the significantly reduced dust intake when offroad, dust is the biggest killer of engines especially if you get out into the bulldust... horrible stuff!

Won't be offroading too much, may buy a sock for the Pod for if I do.

Have to be careful of the stock internals, and the stock tranny.

Mine has 200k on the clock, so is no spring chicken. Did make 185kw at the wheels though..... Standard they are 170kw at the fly, new.
I am about to buy an overdrive pulley for the crank, to drive the blower harder. Not trying for more power up top, even though I will get some, but more power thru the low to mid range.
Im also going to hook up a pair of Oxy sensors, to refine the tune more.

Yeah, a little pre-filter would be good, K&N's also get dirtier quicker than the factory paper filter, being oil based.

What ECU are you running? 185kw @ all 4 is bloody impressive, must equate to at least 250-270 flywheel kw. Whats the limits of the 2UZ rods, i know they arent quite as beefy as the 1uz equivalent.

185kw at the rear wheels, dyno was 2wd.

Running an Xede piggyback, tuned by cveperformance.com

The 2uz rods are the same as later 1uz, but are pretty flimsy....

I am just about to order an overdrive crank pulley for the blower, will up boost from 6lb to 9lb's....

200kw here we come!

Good luck with it Crushu, where abouts are you based?

200KW should almost smoke all 4 off the line, easy as, will be very very impressive!

Attachments

• M90.JPG
    M90.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • M112.JPG
    M112.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 9