LS470 vs LS460

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Guys,

We are in the process of making my friend a 4.7L Toyota Tundra swap into a 1991 LS400. We will make it high compression with good headers. This is what we are predicting:

315 bhp is proven with my setup (head, valves and cams)
+ 40 for high compression (11.8:1)
+ 30 for tuning
+ 15 for headers.
+ 12 BFI

Total bhp will be around 412 bhp. Not bad for this swap. The 2007 LS460 is rated at 380 bhp. Hmmmmmmm?

412bhp N/A is nicccccceeee!!!!! Are we having a 4.7L Tundra N/A power party of late? What's the deal on these 4.7L swaps, I thought the bottom ends of these motors were fairly weak at stock... Is there something I don't know?

Talk to me Lex...Why did you and your friend elect to swap in the 4.7L Tundra motors into SC's? Are those motors getting cheap to buy? It appears the swap went smoothe neverless, but I still don't know your overall reasoning for that swap as I thought the 4.7L motors have conservative HP limits on their bottom ends... Am I mistaken?

The 4.7 block lacks the 6-bolt setup but because it's iron it's much more rigid and boost friendly, and with ARP's should hold 500bhp and thats plenty for me! I found this swap very attractive because it's fairly straightforward, cheap, and loads of torque over stock. I do a lot of hauling to and from school, state-to-state so the low end is welcomed :)

Hey David, you have 2 LS470 projects going?? haha news spreads fast! lol Now we need just a couple more so we can get a nice group buy for custom "LS 470" badges :33:

I read the checklist of mods and saw high compression, figured an N/A build? Anyway I was thinking if I utilize the new ECU and extra cubes to the max w/ 7psi Intercooled... could 350RWHP be doable? I asked myself whats going to be enough for me? Well if 400 at the wheels can be done i'll be amazed. I really don't want to get much more since I lack an LSD, so straight lining is all i'm going to be about. Out in southern Colorado there are plenty of camaro's and vette's, all bragging about how the local auto program usually rock ball-less N/A 240's and such so I want to serve up a dose of Jap woop ass next semester :) Kc95, he's pulling impressive numbers minus the cubes with a centri, I guess time will tell :fingersx: