LS7 or Viper V10

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
your point is well taken in terms of initial work to get to 600 hp, obviously starting with 500hp logically is going to be easier than starting with 320.

in terms of reliability, theres no reason a 2jz cant have 600 reliable horsepower, there are 2jz's with alot more than 600hp being used as daily drivers.
at the end of the day for me its just preference. i like the viper's engine and love the vette's motor, but big cubes and natural aspiration dont really do it for me, im just more of a forced induction man and im really not a fan of putting a non toyota engine in a toyota car. to me personally any extra work would be worth it.

Hey, I am loyal to the smaller well built IUZ's, and there are other bonus's that come with a smaller engine as well, lighter weight, better car handling capabilities, distance braking, gas mileage maybe, etc... Oh but those Viper V10's can sure rumble and move with the best of them... I've seen a Viper take off from a dig and it is fast and scary....with tons or torque hitting those huge rear tires....

hnknrob said:
your point is well taken in terms of initial work to get to 600 hp, obviously starting with 500hp logically is going to be easier than starting with 320.

in terms of reliability, theres no reason a 2jz cant have 600 reliable horsepower, there are 2jz's with alot more than 600hp being used as daily drivers.
at the end of the day for me its just preference. i like the viper's engine and love the vette's motor, but big cubes and natural aspiration dont really do it for me, im just more of a forced induction man and im really not a fan of putting a non toyota engine in a toyota car. to me personally any extra work would be worth it.

there are twin turbo Vipers(Hennesey) and twin turbo LS7 Corvettes(Lingenfelter). and heres a thought, a twin turbo 427 with 11:1 compression and 5.5 PSI(Saleen S7 Twin Turbo) of boost still gets pretty good fuel milage at cruise, or at least very near to what it was before, and still make 700-800 HP very easily.

a 600 HP 2JZ wont get the fuel milage that a 7L twin turbo will, at the same HP numbers. not to mention having more displacement and more cylinders means less stress per piston, and thus improved reliability(theoretically).

a 600 HP 2JZ wont get the fuel milage that a 7L twin turbo will, at the same HP numbers. not to mention having more displacement and more cylinders means less stress per piston, and thus improved reliability(theoretically).

a modern 600hp 3.0L six will have worse fuel economy than a 800hp 7.0L V8?

what drugs are you on Aneama? what on earth makes you think that an engine with over twice the capacity will be lighter on fuel? the static CR...?

take a 350hp Nissan GTR for a spin, then take a 350HP 350chev powered whatever for a spin. for a whole day. then tell me how many miles you get per gallon out of each and i guarantee you the smaller engine comes out on top.

"stress per piston" has absolutely ZIP to do with anything when it comes to reliability. reliability at revs has to do with piston speed, rod/stroke ratio, bore/stroke ratio, conrod / wrist pin design, detonation control and good ignition timing.

do you have any experience with either maxxed out turbo small blocks OR 2JZs...?

What about using the larger or multiple fuel injectors, larger fuel feed pump, etc.. to reach the higher HP's with the smaller A.F.I. engine? Wouldn't that use a ton of fuel even though it is a smaller engine? I realise a non turbo'd for example big engine with out all the fuel pushing stuff will still suck up tons of fuel as well. I think that is what Amaena was thinking, because that is what I was thinking that may make the two engines close to being equal in gas consuption, maybe, maybe not... I could be very wrong.....

depends, for example my sc400 with a 4.0liter gets about 22mpg highway and my friends z28 with 5.7 liters and 100rwhp more gets 25-26mpg, but mostly because of gearing.

pro240c said:
a modern 600hp 3.0L six will have worse fuel economy than a 800hp 7.0L V8?

what drugs are you on Aneama? what on earth makes you think that an engine with over twice the capacity will be lighter on fuel? the static CR...?

take a 350hp Nissan GTR for a spin, then take a 350HP 350chev powered whatever for a spin. for a whole day. then tell me how many miles you get per gallon out of each and i guarantee you the smaller engine comes out on top.

"stress per piston" has absolutely ZIP to do with anything when it comes to reliability. reliability at revs has to do with piston speed, rod/stroke ratio, bore/stroke ratio, conrod / wrist pin design, detonation control and good ignition timing.

do you have any experience with either maxxed out turbo small blocks OR 2JZs...?
lets see here, how much boost does it take to make 800 HP in a 2JZ? at least 20 PSI, as you know, more boost requires more fuel, and you have to figure in the increased amount of fuel over stoicometric AFR it takes to stave off detonation... and the 2JZ already gets really shitty fuel milage. so now you figure in the 5 or 6 PSI 7L turbo LS7, which gets 25 MPG on the highway(2JZ is what? 20?) so at cruise the V8 get far better fuel milage. my point is, it takes alot more air and fuel to get a 3L to make 800 HP than it does to get a 7L to make the same HP numbers. while a 500 HP 7L NA motor might get worse fuel milage than a 3L turbo(with less HP), the same 3L has to use more fuel than the 7L to make the same HP.

displacement displacement.

and my comment about reliability is just a theory.

well this is kinda true, but i think also what is going on is that with a forced induction engine you must use a richer afr for safety than an n/a engine so then your hp for amount of fuel is going to suffer.

pro240c said:
it seems a lot of your comments Aneama are based on theory. you're comparing an 800hp, 30psi 3.0L with a 500hp, 5-6psi 7.0L? puhleese...spare me.
750 or 800 HP 7L.

it takes alot more air and fuel to get a 3L to make 800 HP than it does to get a 7L to make the same HP numbers. while a 500 HP 7L NA motor might get worse fuel milage than a 3L turbo(with less HP), the same 3L has to use more fuel than the 7L to make the same HP.

i still don't understand this statement - but there is your quote.

displacement isn't the be all and end all of power production. it is however the be all and end all of TORQUE production. so what are we talking about here?

a turbo on a 3.0L effectively makes it a double-the-original-capacity engine at 1 bar of boost. running 2 bar boost would put it up there with a 7.5L engine power production wise - both engines being of similar spec of course *

a 7.0L engine with "only" 0.5bar boost would still be equal to a 10.0L engine power production wise *

so explain the more fuel thing again please?

*please note this is a rule of thumb guide only and many conditions will vary causing power gain or loss like compressor selection, intake air temps and tuning

While the pissing contest is great and all . .. who really cares. We are talking about engine we don't have or plan to own, so . . .

But I will say this . . . the reason why the chevys and dodges get good gas at highway speeds is their 6th gear. They're only running the engines a like 1200rpms. Anyway [stretch] back to the original topic.

Jacob