LS7 or Viper V10

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Funny, I thought BSFC had more to do with fuel consumption than PSI.

How about forgetting the LS7 and the Viper engine, and let's use something with 6-bolt mains...
mischievous.gif
:D Yes, that's right! The Northstar engine!

What, you thought I was going to say 1UZ?
slaphappy.gif

I've seen 6 bolt mains come apart too, so no engine is completely bullet proof. PERSONALLY I'd go with an LS7 or any LS1/2 or 6. Its a great and powerful motor thats simple and parts are not insainely priced for. If I was doing a swap into an RX7 or 240/260z or any older domestic car I'd prolly go with an LS1/T56 six spd. I still might try to do an FC3s RX7 with LS1 for drag racing.

jeff

pro240c said:
i still don't understand this statement - but there is your quote.

displacement isn't the be all and end all of power production. it is however the be all and end all of TORQUE production. so what are we talking about here?

a turbo on a 3.0L effectively makes it a double-the-original-capacity engine at 1 bar of boost. running 2 bar boost would put it up there with a 7.5L engine power production wise - both engines being of similar spec of course *

a 7.0L engine with "only" 0.5bar boost would still be equal to a 10.0L engine power production wise *

so explain the more fuel thing again please?

*please note this is a rule of thumb guide only and many conditions will vary causing power gain or loss like compressor selection, intake air temps and tuning
yes thats true, but it doesnt need a shitload of extra fuel to beat back detonation, i explained this already. and with only 5 or 6 PSI you can run a much higher compression ratio than you can on a 30 PSI turbo monster, which means more effiecency. im done here, im not going to explain it anymore.

can we talk about the 5.7 liter iForce V8 Tundra motor for 2007? The motor is still in development and HP is unknown at the moment. If I had a SC400 or LS400 I'd definately get this motor! I would assume that if (for example only) to say if I had a 1998 or 99 SC400 with VVTI it would make wiring it up easy as pie??? I might better start an iForce thread the only thing I knwo about it is it can tow 10,000 lbs.

Also imagine an SC400 with that kind of power/torque!

Jeff

rytherwr said:
LS series of engines all have 6-bolt mains....:redface:
Oops. You learn something new every day. At any rate, I just meant to imply that the Northstar is an impressive engine from an engineering perspective.

Not to take away from the LS's though. They are very impressive as well. Definitely, without a doubt, the best SBC's ever made.