LS400 vs Q45

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LEXUSA

I feel a bit silly asking this question here on a Lexus board but was curious how the two campare as well as to others in this class. The only post I was able to find when I searched said that the Q handled like a big heavy car. Is this true for the 2000 era models or more so the early ones?

Well, comparing the two cars I go with the Lexus, but the Q45 motor is a very solid motor..Just about as good as the 1uz-fe motors.. There are a few threads on that Q45 motor on this forum... Use search and pull it up under the number name of the motor.....

Also quietness. Any V8 luxury sedan is fast enough for me and the interiors are more a question of preference.
My personal experience in the base model truck department has Toyota as better than Nissan. I have much less experience in the other categories.

There are lots of Lexus parts at cheap prices now. I would say repair and support would be alot better for the Lexus than the Infiniti.

Ok, this is a decent thread that discusses all the differences between the UZ.. motors and the VH45.. motors..

If you have alot of time read though this entire thread link below and learn...Grab some popcorn and the bifocals because it's a long read.......

I have liked the Vh45.. motors for some time now...Infinity Q45 Vh45.. has the timing chain and not belt driven like the UZ's.. The 4.5l Vh45's can handle around 500whp on stock internals much like the early year model 1uz-fe's only.. Both are very good motors in my humble opinion..

Both sell for around $500 used on Ebay...You can find both for used parts in most junk yards...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=11269&page=4

The only real Q45 is the 90-96 G50 chassis, IMO. The later years were just rebadged Nissan Cimas but my views are a bit biased.

I have a 94 that is turbocharged and a 95 that is mostly stock. The engines are relatively trouble-free and will last for a long time if properly maintained.

My turbo Q is running approx. 8 psi and it makes around 450 hp. This is with a 240k mile stock motor including the injectors. You will be hard pressed to find a stronger engine than the VH45DE for such a low price. They are as strong as the early 1UZs and some would even say the VH surpasses the 1UZ.

The early LS400 and the first gen Q45 are special cars with different ways of doing things. I've always considered the LS to be a luxury car with sporting characteristics. The original Q45, on the other hand, is a sports sedan that has luxury features.