LS400 Stereo Backlighting

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

highflyer

Hey guys:wavey:

I want to replace the backlighting on the display panel and buttons of the stock stereo in my ls400..

I have to do this also with my climate control lcd and I thought I would do both at the same time..I have read the tutorial on the climate control lights (LexLS.com) but I haven't been able to find anything on the stereo backlighting..

Has anyone done this and can give me any tips or advice?

Thanks

light emmiting diode

I have recently replaced every single light in my car with an led. Changed all lights including stereo lights to all white. People say it could not be done but I found it really really simple about 4/10 difficultly. Just carefully disassemble the face of the stereo and the lights will be exposed.

Yes. I used white leds @ approx ~4volts. Used a resistor on the light emmiting diodes that did not already use a resistor w/ the appropriate application already in the car.
The same bulbs were used in the stereo face as were used with the climate control module. However the bulbs behind the control buttons on the stereo are much smaller and I just left those in but took the green sleeve off the bulb to cast a nice orange glow. But you can use virtually any bulb as long as it is resisted to use 12volts and fits the application of course. Also the on/off lights on the climate contral unit are already led's so you really dont have to change those unless you want another color led.