LS400 Dyno with Rotex C38

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Check this out. This was sent to me by Ismo K. from Europe. Ismo stated that everything is STOCK with 9.45 psi and Autronic SM2, 500cc injectors. Dynoed at 274.5 KW is about 343.1 whp. VERY VERY GOOD Result..... With about 17% drive train loss. Its about 401.4 bhp.

Nice torque curve! Doesn't seem as peaky as most centrifugals, though I expected it to make a bit more than a standard rotor supercharger.

EDIT: That came out wrong, what I meant was that I've heard 180 rwkw for the other kind, and I kind of expected centrifugal to produce a little bit higher numbers, due to the better efficiency, which is obviously the case.

Lextreme said:
Ismo,

How much did u paid for the SM2 and how hard it is to wire it up?
Well,

My car has been there in the installer now about one year...
But he said before he took my car there it's about two weeks then SM2 is installed... but as you know did put something else also there.

Original ECU is still there it controls transmisson (That was then, now PCS/TGM controls the transmission).

But the original camshaft and crankshaft detectors cannot be used in SM2 so those were replaced. Also the expensive (mine was also broken) Karman Votex sensor was replaced to cheaper sensor Map sensor.

Original inginition system can be left in place, but mine was changed to Bosch waste spark ingition system (check http://www.autronic.com/page_files/ignition_modules_and_coils.htm )

This system installed is between 3000-5000€ in Finland depending what kind of ingition you take and so on.

Ray Hall from Autronic might be able to say how hard it is to wire it up.
Jean Niemi (the owner of the Sporttiauto) had some triky situations with these crankshaft sensors and camshaft sensor but in the end it was not so triky I think.

Lextreme said:
Check this out. This was sent to me by Ismo K. from Europe. Ismo stated that everything is STOCK with 9.45 psi and Autronic SM2, 500cc injectors. Dynoed at 274.5 KW is about 343.1 whp. VERY VERY GOOD Result..... With about 17% drive train loss. Its about 401.4 bhp.
Correction: higher curves are appr. engine power/torque optimized for 98 RON and lower curves for 95 RON fuel.

Dynographing was made in Dyno Dynamics ShootOut mode.

(Appr. engine max. power: 274,5 kW = 373,32 hp, which still is a good result).

What year LS400?

I would say the stock drivetrain loss is at least 20% giving closer to 430bhp at the crank.

Stock output on a 90-94 model should be in the 230bhp range meaning you picked up around 20hp per PSI. Nice work.

Pictures?

JBrady said:
What year LS400?

I would say the stock drivetrain loss is at least 20% giving closer to 430bhp at the crank.

Stock output on a 90-94 model should be in the 230bhp range meaning you picked up around 20hp per PSI. Nice work.

Pictures?
This LS400 is from year 1991.
I'll send pictures a little bit later