LS400 CUSTOM REAR STRUT BAR

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Just couldn't help but think about the gains of getting a rear bar to compliment my front bar. I recently used a carbon fiber strut bar of a mkIV supra and it gave tremendous improvements but imagine another one in the back to balance the whole setup. For the record their tying a set of JIC coilovers together. What I did was I picked up a used cusco bar off some sort of Honda (I was told), and I went to work.

1st step- remove the back seat/upper deck.

2nd step-take the towers/rings off the bar I bought and line up the existing studs (i used rings for clearance reasons)
(the honda studs were off and needed 3 new ones)

3rd step- used a dremel and sawed off the bar mounts and cleaned off paint

4th step- using drill/dremel make a 1.5-2'' hole on both inside walls of deck for bar to slide thru.

5th step- re-attach the mounts on the ends of the bar and slide thru the holes and make marks on where the new mounts line up on the rings.

6th step-after cleaning paint off tack weld them in place and remove bar and fully weld (small bead works best to clear bolt/nut.

7th step- remove and clean up and paint as you like.

I am in the middle of painting my bar as i am writing this so as soon as its back in I will put all my pics together and submit some eye candy. As of now there isn't a company that makes a bar for the UCF10, or any other LS as far as i know so it must be custom made. I thought this was very easy and it only took an afternoon. There is plenty of room on the inside of the back seat/trunk so dont worry about cutting into things but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND laying a wet towel over your gas tank before using the dremel.