1999 LS400 100% Custom Dual Exhaust

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

puredrifter

Hola everybody, most of you guys don't know me (i lurk more than post here) but im pretty active on ClubLexus and somewhat active on VSC (when its up :p) but thought id pop in to share my custom exhaust :)

this isnt the current setup of the car (video was taken ~2months ago) and my little digicamera sucks at video (used my point and shoot for this) so the video sounds a little raspy and the beginning has wind noise, but you get the idea biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhLK_Uu435c

specs:
1999 Lexus LS400 4.0L 1UZ-FE VVT-i
-Handmade Dual 2.25" piping from the cats back.
-X-Pipe
-Magnaflow Mufflers
-Custom tips
-Custom bumper cutouts

the only original pieces left in the exhaust are the cats (OEM cats flow better than most aftermarket since they are metal substrate smile.gif) and the headers (since CA emissions SUCK!)

and yes, the tips are a Love it or Hate it style - I love them inlove.gif

Lol i thought this screenname was familiar. I lurk on clublexus and vsc as well. Were ther any signifigant gains power and torque wise?

Ursus: im not sure, there was a gain but most likely it wasnt that much (no dyno before or after)

the response, however, improved dramatically :)

awesome and i love the tips too and it sounds like a v8 should. How loud is the exhaust note inside the car?

dude whats up w/ those tips?? The sound is sweet, just enough roar... but seriously man, those belong on a 97' Jetta or GTI or something "european" of that nature, dude I had dual canisters on my LS... tucked them real nice and high in the bumper and it had a very similar sound. Retrodrive has the same setup... I think he has an exhaust clip somewhere :33: