LS400/Celsior towbar Q

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

monkey

ive been looking for a towbar for my celsior for some time now and with no luck im thinking i may have to fabricate my own.
im interested if anybody who owns a LS400 or celsior equiped with a towbar could help me by either looking under there and telling me where they mount or even better taking some photos of where they mount, ive not had the chance to look under any with towbars so im not sure if theres a thire member that goes forward to the rear suspension subframe or similar position
cheers Alain

there is place here in Castle Hill that fabricates custom tow-bars for cars... im going to get them to check out my crown for a towbar, cos i will BADLY need one rather shortly!!

Will be interesting too cos the crown is a FULL CHASSIS car!

hey whitzl would it be possible to get a phoe number so i can contact them to get a quote if they are able to make 1 but since im in newcastle it may be a problem if they need to see the car.
cheers Alain

Towbar pics

Hi Alain
My LS400 ser2 1993 has a towbar.
Email me dave at bredhurst dot demon dot co dot uk and I'll send you some piccies (Change the at to an atsign and dot to dots and take out the spaces - if you get my drift)

Dave

monkey,
i used to fit and make towbars for lexus vehicles in melbourne some vehicles will accept standard toyota bars that are commonly avail i cant remember if the ls 400 was one of these or if so what bar but i will find out and let you know... it may save you a lot of bucks and headaches. they may require small mods ie grinder or drilling out holes.
gs300=toyota camry bar with corner ground off to get around 2nd exhaust hanger!!!!

Thanks hiluxmad im not too hopefull about that interchangeability since the LS400 is a stand alone model with no cheapie verion to be seen in aus but see what you come up with, can you remember if there was a third member extending forward to the suspension at all and what cars might be similar so i have a head start in modifying 1?
cheers Alain

the cars dont have to be the same some of the chassis and subframes are similar enough to fit with mods. cant remember exact layout of under side sorry dude.
i may know a company that makes them "off the shelf" i let u know asap

thanks dave for the pics but it doesnt mount where i expected so if anyone with a toyota genuine towbar could get some pics i would appreciate the help. not saying daves towbar isnt any good just im wanting 1 with a lower profile since my celsior is lowerd and needs all the ground clearance i can get

im really interested to see what can be done with a full chassis car like my Crown. I tend to think i have a 50/50 chance of modifying a MS123 crown towbar or being lumped with a 100% custom job!!

I NEED something that car tow a car+car trailer.