LS400 4 piston caliper questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

C-Series

Hi,

I'm working on a project and looking for a 4 piston calliper to use.
I'd like to know how strong the 4 piston LS400 calipers are and how there performance is.

Secondly i already looked up the depth of the caliper to the rotor (67mm).
What i would like to check would be what is the height of the caliper (from disc)

4 piston calipers run a 28mm thick disc correct?

What kind of rear caliper is used on the LS400? (291mm discs right?)
I would presume a single piston floating design.

yes, rear calipers are of single piston floating type. I dont have info for the fronts, as I have a different setup. Compared to the 1st gen LS, the rears of the 1995+ have a larger diameter piston as well as larger rotors.

What ride are these going into?

Hi C-Series

spf lexus is correct, 95+ models do have larger rear brakes then the earlier models.
Single or twins is heaps for the rear, but yes, you really need 4 spots for the front.
Be careful on the size off the front rotors an calipers, as it may not fit inside the rims an you may need to get new rims.
I fitted 4 spots an large rotors on the front off my ls400, but they where of a 97 twin turbo supra, but you have to have 18" rims or bigger to fit them an they work like a dream.

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller