Low End Or High End

What do you prefer?

• Low End Grunt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High End Power

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Do you prefer low end grunt or high end power? I personally like low end grunt. I want my car to be able to spin the tires at a dead stop. If i can get good power less then 6500 i will be very happy. That is why i like larger cubic or longer stroke. Another word, i like torque. What do you prefer?

I love both man why must we vote!!!!!!!!!! Being a big fan of the V8's and such, but owning an S2000. The sound of my high revving vtec engine is a rush! I classify them the same over all, because if it makes you almost wet your pants either way then it must be fun!

what rpms are we talking about for low end and high end power? Im pretty much torn though, i vote for high compression! id really like to grind my heads down and raise the compression to 11:1, that would be amazing

I have to vote for high end power, I love to rev through the gears pushing the motor to its max RPM, thats all i did when i had my LS400. Some day, my 240 will have a built 9K reving 1UZ!!!

Torque wins races. Thats well proven in offroad racing!

Mind you... there is something about big HP dyno numbers.... hehe.

Yeah Lex, this is a hard choice,low end grunt is needed for take off and high end grunt for max speed?I think for general street driving would have to be Low end grunt..Idealy there's grunt all through the rev range,,,lol

I'm all about the low end power. I like to keep my engine and drivetrain all in tip top shape so I'm normally pretty conservative with the throttle. Although I do agree some near-redline RPMs may clear everything out once in a while. I'm normally driving in urban areas as well and not much of a racer, so I like the low end power.

Depends what you want in a car.

If you have a daily driver or offroad machine, then low end is better.

If you have a circuit car, then you'll be spending 95% of the time above 5000rpm, so low end grunt is next to useless, and you'd want all top end.

<- Midrange.
If you have an automatic & you press the gas pedal. You're going to skip the low end almost entirely. High end is always more fun but... You get everything with midrange & don't sacrafice too much off either end to get it. (and it's easier to shift the power around to where you want it since it takes less work to do so!)

Low end is very fun, but you sit around twittling your thumbs every time you're not near low range; watching people go by you.

High end is awesome, but unless you've got a huge stall, lock-up torque convertor... It's not fun having a toy you can't play with very often. It's like getting a skiboat for christmas. What moron wants to ski in the winter???

I love power out of the blocks, so my vote is for low end GRUNT all day long...Especially on a 4X4...
(Poping wheelies in a car or truck is always a blast) :headbang:

Although, I hate losing races on the backend but would rather be in front of the car I am racing for a little while then not being in front at all. Like with all the top end turbo like power and then hopefully try and catch up.....

Would love both if possible...He He..

jibbby said:
I love power out of the blocks, so my vote is for low end GRUNT all day long...Especially on a 4X4...
(Poping wheelies in a car or truck is always a blast) :headbang:

Although, I hate losing races on the backend but would rather be in front of the car I am racing for a little while then not being in front at all. Like with all the top end turbo like power and then hopefully try and catch up.....

Would love both if possible...He He..
Buy a supra and have both!

I have a current article about an Aussie who went to " over there " to have a drive in a Saleen and a new GT40 side by side .

A 7 litre twin turbo with 552 Kw and 949Nm weighing 1338 kg against the GT with a supercharged 5.4 litre with 410 Kw and 678 Nm weighing 1580 Kg .
In a 40 Km/h roll on in second gear the GT jumped away to a car length lead and then held it to insane speeds , so even with 40% more power and torque and 20% less weight even the Saleen couldn't make back the ground lost the Super Charged car gained while the turbo's spooled up !!
And that was on a dead straight section of road , imaging the ground gained out of every corner , no contest on the road in the real world , supercharger giving low end every time !!

It is better to think of it as do you want your torque peak low or higher in the rev range. Not do you want torque or horsepower. I know just about everybody says that, but everybody is wrong.