Low End Torque

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
One wheel burnouts aren't that impressive Lex...

Get a torsen LSD and loose those skinnies before making vids like that,......Ha Ha Ha...:nana:

Seriously, it looks like you get some nice N/A power from that 4.7l motor of yours..

Jibby,

I have stock tires on. This is a typical setup for an average Lexus owner. The vid was to show how it is when a typical 4.0 converter to a 4.7L. I think there will be alot more wheels spin with high compression like 10.4:1 instead of 8.5:1.

Right on Lex...

Question???...Is it faster then your older boosted LS400 or Cobra? What does an extra .7 liters of motor really get you in an SC400? I am sure it is a fun peppy ride...

Good N/A power is always fun to play around with.... I can't wait to see that 4.7L motor of yours boosted then it will really be over!!!!!

Lex, answer the question...Is it faster then your old boosted LS400 or Cobra?

I didn't think a 4.7 motor N/A in an SC400 can spin the rear wheels that easily...You must have a torque converter upgrade, no?...Am I right?

Still nice N/A power never the less!!!!!!

The torque converter makes all the difference with lowend RPM burnouts... I can get loose too without the NOS in first gear with my whippy 4.0L old school 1uz-fe... Only from a dead stop though, if I start rolling though I cannot break loose the rears in first like you.. With Nitorous 1st is rediculous, 2nd spins pretty much all the way thru, then my Sc400 grips completely in third, can't even cherp the rears in third.....

It's all about the torque converter my friend... Can you break loose in second with that beast? That is when you get into serious power levels with these SC400's...When you start busting loose those rears in second gear...

What are you around 250-275whp N/A with that 4.7L Tundra motor swap?..

Jibbby my grasshopper. All my vids were done in 4th gear. You can see it in the videos. I think the swap will get about additional 20-30 rwhp and 35-45 rwtq. However, I also have cams so it would give another 25-30 rwhp or so and 35-40 rwtq.

According to 1992 SC400: RWHP is about 180 (28% Drive lost)
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 250@5600 rpm
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 260@4400 rpm

According to 2000 Tundra: RWHP is about 205
Max. Output [SAE-NET] 245 HP@4800 rpm
Max. Torque [SAE-NET] 315 lb-ft@3400 rpm

According to 2001 GS430:
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 300@5600 rpm
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 325@3400 rpm

According to 1995 SC470: RWHP is about 226 and 256 rwtq with 28% drive train lost.
Max. Output (SAE-NET) 315@5000 rpm
Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 356@3900 rpm

Yep, 275whp or so will get those rears spinning for sure, maybe even in second gear...However, Forth gear and you spun the rears I find very hard to believe, come on Lex I can't believe that with 275whp.. Maybe with the stock converter stall rate, skinnies, dif. gearing change, and no LSD, maybe but still I would dought it.....Your joking right?

It must have real nice throttle response anyway in the first two gears and from out of the blocks.....

I am jealous, I want your toys....

Well it appears you have good power thru all the gears...I don't understand your 4th gear power but I will take your word for it Lex...

I gotta come check this ride out yours MR. EXTREME it sounds peppy....

Plus if it was in 4th gear and at 5800 rpm's, your speedo would be well above 100mph. Again just because the selector is in 4th doesn't mean that you are starting in 4th. Still starts in 1st.

ok, at one point (the easter sunday i wrecked an ex's 91 LS, way back) the car would start in second unless you pushed the peddle down far enough to compress a little switch under the pedal, causing the car to start in first instead of second, this is very common in luxury vehicles, even the Q45 starts in second unless you have the selector in first.