lexus v8 to getrag clutch-now available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Benn said:
Now i have:

-R154 tranny
-Erics adapter plate
-bellhousing of a JZA70 Supra. (1JZ-GTE to R154)

now i´m looking for a flywheel+clutch combo.

any ideas?

Thanks,
Benn.

I'm still looking for an inexpensive clutch flywheel package that only has to deal with stock levels of power, myself.

I have Eric's adapter and the late W58 trans. I don't like the thought of spending more on the flywheel and clutch than on the rest of the engine/trans/adapter...

ChrisV said:
I'm still looking for an inexpensive clutch flywheel package that only has to deal with stock levels of power, myself.

I have Eric's adapter and the late W58 trans. I don't like the thought of spending more on the flywheel and clutch than on the rest of the engine/trans/adapter...
Well, I just happen to have what you are looking for. I am selling a flywheel/clutch package for $350, you will just have to wait until I get 10 orders.

The $350 is an introductory price. And for that, you get a factory replacement clutch, if you want something better, it will cost extra. Basically, the flywheel is $200, and then you can get your own clutch.

flywheel_1uz.jpg

re-machined, not custom made, which is why I can do them for cheaper. Also, the cost is directly related to what the parts cost. I hope I can keep the price this low

Had some troubles getting the flanges, but I got them. I am doing some work on the prototype this week and ready for the mold process soon.

Awww, got an email about a reply to this thread, got my hopes up about an update about the getrag clutch only to find theres not.
Bastards :rant: (joking ;) )

Chrisman: any updates on the multiplate setup?

Hey Guys Chris(man) & I have been working on an AE86 RWD Corolla lately.
We do not have the Getrag on the 1UZ yet, but I will tell Chris to post on this thread.
Chris did get me a dual disc clutch from the same manufacture for the 1.6L corolla.
Someone had asked about this clutch on a W58 Trans, if all Toyota "W", & "R" series Trans are the same, the Corolla uses a W50 Trans, and they make discs for that.
In the corolla the clutch is very grabby. On/Off it doesn't want to slip.
The pedal is light. Not hard at all!! An old lady wouldn't complain about the pedal pressure. I actually thought it was lighter then the stock Toyota clutch.
Now it's a little bit more racy, but not undrivable. The Corolla is lighter, has much less torque, and has a 7.5-inch clutch Vs the 8.5 they are using on the 1UZ, but all those things should make for the 1UZ clutch to be a little more driveable. That and the Lexus has a 3.90:1 final gear, and the Getrag was originally mated up with a 3.13:1 final. Should make for some good burnouts.
The car gets a little jumpy with the grabby clutch from a stop, but other then that it's fine.

I'm not building a race car. I'm building a customized 1963 Mercury Comet convertible for cruising and doing the hot rod car shows, where there will be a lot of fairgrounds driving, and slow driving through gently rolling back roads and city streets. A light clutch pedal is nice, but a grabby, racy clutch is a big turn-off. I want to leave that to the race cars. And it'll have tall rear gears for good highway cruising. Chirping the tires or lurching at low speeds due to having an on-off switch for a clutch is not my preference.

A stock clutch on a decent flywheel is nmore what I'm looking for.

Hi Everyone, Im new to the boards here, and have a few questions. I am looking to use a 1UZ in a conversion im doing, and want to use the V160 gearbox. I am looking to buy a v160 and a clutch setup and a suitable adapter plate in the USA as i am in the country regularly, and 6-speeds are hard to come by in Australia. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at the Aussie supra forum.I think you will find one for sale in W.A. ( I doubt you will find one at a low price anywhere unless its stuffed.)

I don't want to look like an idiot, but I can't seem to follow this thread....Is there a way to mate the Supra 6 Speed to the Lexus V8 yet? Specifically for my GS400? I am not aware if the bolt-ups are the same between the 1UZ and 2UZ. If not out yet, are we looking at one anytime soon?

A handful of members jumped into the group purchase last year and we have few of them selling them lowered then the group buy price. They are in our classified sections.

SC400TT What parts do you have exactly? V160? Adaptor plate? clutch?
Possibly interested in all 3 if you have them.
Also, a friend pointed out to me that the v160-1uz clutch that is currently available has no sprung center. Possibly would make for a very rough clutch, and posible damage to gearbox??? anyone had any experience with this actual clutch in a car, and could comment on its driveability? I know its a high performance clutch, and as such will not be the smoothest thing in the world, but i thought its worth asking, as i want this car to be somewhat street driveable.