lexus v8 to getrag clutch-now available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
im trying --
veryhappy.gif
.. im kinda worried about trans tunnel differences and a few things.. and im waiting on a few things from toyota, like the clutch master cylinder and stuff..but, i think im more excited than bob..

turbo andrew-- they also have 2 other types of material,, one being carbon-very expensive.. another called "premium"..
they mostly make race clutches--for real race cars.. it took some pleading with them to help me with this clutch.. but there are a nice bunch of guys--although very busy..
they even make the TRD belhousing/clutch for the TRD truck-nascar..
barry- i know the upper part of the tunnel,( where the shifter comes thru( will def need to be changed.. but i want to keep this simple and do-able for everybody..

bango said:
Any Thing is possible,what does 800 lb clamping pressure = to? are clutch's related to 1 lb /HP..? Duh..Please explain..lol
Bango, I don't believe Chrisman intends this to be a clutch tutorial.

Tilton have some good information on their website if you're needing a stronger background in clutch ratings. Have a look at: http://www.tiltonracing.com/content.php?page=faq&view=2

hi chris,, the clutch does not bolt to the flexplate.. the clutch/flywheel bolts go thru the flexplate to the crankshaft..
this allows the flywheel to be smaller/lighter.. as for the w58-- i dont know.. the clutch disc hubs were made for the getrag spline.. if the w58 uses the same clutch discs as the getrag-- then yes.. but i dont know if the inputshafts are similar..
maybee someone with some experience in the w58 would now..

W58 is definately a different spline to the Getrag.
W & R series Toyota boxs all share the same spline input shaft though.
Eg: w55-58, R151, R154, also the manual box behind the 3sgte(dont know the code) has the same 23 spline shaft, hence some folk using the 3sgte flywheel and clutch setup.
I think w58's use a push type diaphram also, so it makes it easy with the 3sgte setup.
Also I think the W58's Input shaft would be too short to use with a multi plate pull type clutch.
The R154 has a 30mm longer input shaft for this reason.
Cheers

chrisman said:
hi chris,, the clutch does not bolt to the flexplate.. the clutch/flywheel bolts go thru the flexplate to the crankshaft..
this allows the flywheel to be smaller/lighter.. as for the w58-- i dont know.. the clutch disc hubs were made for the getrag spline.. if the w58 uses the same clutch discs as the getrag-- then yes.. but i dont know if the inputshafts are similar..
maybee someone with some experience in the w58 would now..
Was this the inexpensive clutch/flywheel setup you were talking about before?

I still need an inexpensive clutch/flywheel combo to mate the stock 1UZ to the W58, using Eric's adaptor plates.

Chris have you looked into using the 3sgte flywheel and clutch setup?
The flywheel is the correct size and just needs a lead in ground onto the back of the ring gear teeth, as the 1uz starter engages at the rear as opposed to 3sgte that engages from the front.
The other issue is the crank bolt pcd is different and needs to be redrilled or the existing holes slotted.
Then the original flexplate spacer is placed on top.
I originally started down this track, but as flywheels are widely available here in Aus I decided to purchase a new billet item.

I'm looking into EVERY option. I've got he W58 already, but I'd go back to an automatic if I have to. I'm just finding it hard to justify spending $1-2k just to mate up the $480 1UZE with the $50 W58 in a $1500 car. Hell, I've already spent almost $400 just on Eric's adapter plates that I haven't gotten yet, and will have to find a clutch/flywheel setup that allows for the added length/thickness of the adapter.

I'm getting this close to selling off all the Lexus crap and bolting in a similar power Ford smallblock and trans, as I don't have to adapt it to the car...

Attachments

• r 025.jpg
    r 025.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 11
Only in the USa do you get W58 so cheap(and everything else too)W58 goes for 800 Aus..If you are thinking of selling,ill be interested in some stuff..

He's in Greece. The update is that these are being produced, and are of limited availability. Only two are being produced at once.

Eric