lexus v8 to getrag clutch-now available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisman

hi guys,, i was able to pickup the first clutches today.. everything looks great,,.. hopefully i will be able to gothru the install on rdms car soon--within the next week.. well see how they perform.. im sure there will be some obsticles in the way--there always is.. but progress is being made..

I'm on it! I'm VERY excited about these clutches/ flywheels.

Eric

i'l grab my camara and take some pics later today--..i left my house without my cam, but il do this later today after work.. i should have remembered..

heres a few of the pics.. you can see the flywheel in the pics.. --the diameter is 8.5.. this one is the 2 disc unit-mettalic.. im confident it will be street-able.. it is rated for 800 ft lbs..

as an assembly , it is much lighter than the original 2jz flywheel and clutch--and from what ive been reading, the getrags "rattle" when a lightweight flywheel is used.. ive heard this "rattle" before, and i think it is acceptable--but that will be for individuals to decide..
i think it would be wise to wait and see the outcome of the install..
il keep everyone posted on the progress.. and results..

oh yea, a couple of more points.. the aluminum piece sitting on the table is an adapter for the 4 bolt flange on the getrag to the driveshaft..
and i forgot to mention that the clutch asembly including flywheel is SFI certified..

You have made my day, my friend. That's extraordinary.
Eric

that's just sex on an input shaft right there...

Attachments

• DSCF1574.JPG
    DSCF1574.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 33585233-L.jpg
    33585233-L.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF1580.JPG
    DSCF1580.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1576.JPG
    DSCF1576.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 3
hi philly,, i tried, but i think your message box was full. il try again..
someone asked about the price--im not sure about final prices,, but lets just say much less than other similar clutches out there.. of course, all the guys on the forum get special deals.. im not sure if its wise to post prices on the net for everyone to see..
but id like to state again, i think it would be wise to wait and see how the clutch/car performs.. i would be better able to answer questions then.. i am confident the clutch will perform well, but id like to be sure..
believe me, i am excited about this-a manual gearbox behind this v8 seems like a great combo to me..

Great stuff man! Its always great when members really make a breakthrough on these V8 motors. Do you have any idea what the ETA would be on the completion and test on your clutch?

i thought when you switch over to a twin or triple plate clutch you can make the clutch smaller since there is more surface area combined.

looks kinda weighty. what are some figures! it looks nice!

Attachments

• 1uzfe.JPG
    1uzfe.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 6
Multi plate clutches are by definition more of an on/off switch than single plate clutch, and offering a larger diameter allows for a much mroe complient drive on the street. While it may be a little heavier, and the Moment of Inertia greater, the 8.5" diamter pays for itself from redlight to redlight by not being such a chore to drive.

Eric

hmm...i see. i've driven twin plated clutchmasters clutches on my friends civic race car and they're just like any other upgraded clutch. just a stiffer pedal but easy to drive.

but yeah, sounds good! saving up for that one!