Lexus V8 into Mk2 Zephyr ute

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
kpwemu said:
It was fully engineered by a bloke organised by Hopper's Stoppers. I **** myself, A new alternative is to use the Mitsubishi L300 front end which most hot rodders use which is only 10 cm wider than the Zephyr and may be overcome with different offset wheels. I'm leaning toward this option at this stage. How far are you of getting mobile again? Kevin
who was the engineer, may i ask?
i have seen and heard of the L300 front end, sounds good...2 inches wider each side is nothing compared to 4.5 inches each side, wider track...
i have been in research and planning mode, if i put it in your terms i have 1/4 of four cars completed i MUST fisnish my XF stock(ish) sedan, getting mild gas cam and engine rebuild as we speek, next might be the conversion from Lexus ute back to standard(ish) as this will take a weekend (worth of time, i dont have much time to spare and not enough money to BUY more)only
then the XE sedan will come together pretty quick(few months or less)
then the Valiant coupe, that i still may sell?????
i dont really care for my Progress,for if i did i would have done it now, but i am definatley inspired by what i see going on in these forums and also still remember the noise and acceleration of the mighty 1UZ
thanks Dean

Re Engineer

The engineer's name is Kevin Williams who is located at Plenty (near Greensborough). He kept the car for 2 days and charged $1650. He would not sway on anything. I can see his point though. I was originally being sent to a guy in Ballarat but he must have been slack, passed something that eventually went wrong, got busted and de-registered. Out of business, a life time of study, qualifications and practise down the drain. UNEMPLOYED.You know what it's like these days. As soon as something goes wrong with anything, everyone starts pointing the finger to blame anyone they can and say "Not my fault. I'm going to sue". We live in a "blameless society, not my fault". I saw something on the news. A guy who was pissed dived into a river, hit his head on the bottom, broke his neck and sued the local council for millions because they did not put up a sign telling him not to do it. He won.
I suppose I can see why this particular engineer said that he would not let anything that wasn't perfect get passed. He said that if the car was involved in an accident and it was found that the car had some engineering defect, the finger of blame would be pointed at him for passing it in the first place. As a result, he wasn't prepared to take chances. Can't blame him I suppose. I think the days of the dodgey engineer's certificate are over. The bottom line is, do it right or forget it. Kevin

hello when you get the 1uz.fe motor check to see if timing belt is in good nick. bit of mucking around to change in the car would save a lot of work.good luck

Hi Heartland, Spot on. I intend doing all those type of things while the motor is on the ground. No matter how many klms are on the clock, I'll do it for peace of mind, then I can forget about it and enjoy driving instead of wondering " should I have done this and that etc" Kevin