Lexus v8 in Sierra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

barry70

Hi There

I am interested in fitting a lexus v8 in my 2.0 l89 Ford Sierra. Has anyone done this project? I am unsure if the engine would fit with regards to the configuration of the sump. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Barry

Pretoria is verkeerd gespel.

If the Ford 302 fitted the Sierra , the Lexus will fall in with room to spare.
Nothing is straight forward, prepare yourself for some work and mods. Especially the sump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Barry.

I have done a lot of work on a 1UZFE conversion into a Ford Sierra XR4x4 and the conversion is possible both in
RWD and 4WD form, of course it's easier as RWD.

From what I know of Ford Sierras in South Africa I presume it will be RWD.

You will have to make your engine mounts, there is a lot of room so they are "easy" to make, use some rubber
mounts from BMW as they are lower and better than the fluid filled original ones.

It's possible to modify a 1UZFE rear sump, but due to the placement of the steel "sump" vs the crossmember it's
almost the same amount of work to make a new sump.

Your main problem will be the length of the engine as the engine bay in the Sierra is wide but short, so a twin turbo
setup is possible but getting a decent radiator/fan + intercooler in is not possible without moving the center piece
of the bulkhead 5 - 6 cm backwards ( this solution also solves the sump problem, when you move the engine
backwards the steel piece of the rear sump clears the crossmember ).

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a few pictures.

Last edited:
V8 Lexus in a sierra

Hi guys

I`m also very interrested in fitting a V8 Lexus to my V6 Sierra. Few question i have to ask:
1. Will the type 9 grearbox of the Sierra fit?
2. Is the diff ok?
3. How tight does the motor fit in the bay?
4. brakes?

are there any pics of someone who has done it before??

thanks

Marnus

Hi marnusn, welcome to the forum.

About your questions:

1. The Type 9 gearbox will fit to the 1UZFE auto bell housing with an adapter plate. I have a drawing of this,
send me your e-mail address as an pm and I'll send you the drawing.

The problem with the Type 9 gearbox is the strength ( or lack of it ), please consider a different gearbox for
your swap, it don't know if the Type 9 will handle a stock engine.

2. The 7.5" diff should be ok, the 7" will be marginal.

3. A stock engine will fit, it's even possible to retain the AC radiator, but anything more than that and the
length of the engine bay limits you to what you can do. If you move the bulkhead 4 to 6 cm back you have
more room to play with.

The pictures show how it fits without any modifications to the bulkhead.

4. It depends. The stock brakes should be fine to stop the car on the street, if you intend to use it on track
you will need bigger brakes.

Attachments

• Sierra1.jpg
    Sierra1.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Sierra2.jpg
    Sierra2.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Sierra3.jpg
    Sierra3.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Iam not xure what happened to my preveous writing, but the Ford Siera wil take the v8 lexus. the engine mounts of the ford fit, even the downut on the propshaft wil fit, as i see it the propshaft is to short and wwill have to be lenngtend. My problem is the wiring if anybody could help it wil be appreciated. Jan Venter SA