Lexus to R32 GTR... Wish me luck!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
not worky. the lexus ls400 4wd has the diff on the left of the engine and the skyline has it on the right! (right is aussy&uk driver side, left is usa and europe driver side)

I think left and right are the same no matter where you are ;-)
So did this project ever get finished?

Left can be right if you are standing in front of the car :)
That R32 gtr guy cancelled his project, he tried to get the v8 to the stock skyline transmission but that is a no go for sure. I'm using a custom adapter to make a T56 4WD. Also allows me to put the engine more forward (bad for weight distribution but makes me space for other parts). So I'm still working on it but I think it's gonna be another year before it's done.

Couldn't resist measuring up the v8 in the engine bay with the stock gearbox (and a 15mm thick adapterplate). Everything fits! Should be an easy conversion guys!

you should have fitted the nissan vh45 engine

there one here half ready

unless u turbo the 1uz i think its going to be slow

yes 3 years thats true

if im still hanging around on these forums in 3 years ill make another update
on how the build is going

Attachments

• hilux one day crown soarer 027.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 027.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 17
  • hilux one day crown soarer 025.jpg
    hilux one day crown soarer 025.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 15
GTR transmission to V8 adapter being done.
gtr_v8_adapter_135.jpg

So some major sump mods needed a la Jaffa's proj into the 75 celica?

Either that or use the UZ front diff setup and match the rear diff ratio to suit....would be easier. The UZ AWD diff setup is super neat into the sump....i have one sitting on the floor of my shed waiting to go into something one day :)

first version of the gearbox adapter fits directly. Tomorrow we're gonna try maybe in the car and also start the sump adaption.
v8gtr_adapter1_193.jpg

v8gtr_adapter2_471.jpg

v8gtr_adapter3_998.jpg

The UZ AWD diff setup is super neat into the sump....i have one sitting on the floor of my shed waiting to go into something one day :)

Does the transfer case remove from the transmission, or is it one in the same, ie could it be adapted to a manaul? Could you take some photos?

Arnout: looking good, watching with intrest.