Lexus to R32 GTR... Wish me luck!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
FX45 aye.... Hmm... Nah, I didn't know that... Might have to look into this a bit further.
Yep, keeping it all Nissan is a great idea. I saw a video of a VH45 twin Turbo in a boat found in another section of the forum. Sweet stuff and it made me think about all nissan then. Particularly knowing that the internals are forged (except for pistons). But by that time I already had the Lex Engine, so... But I'll do some sniffing around on the FX45 some more... anyone know where I can get one from?

Front seal is part of the front crank case rather than split section like on Chev's etc.

Cheers,
Shuey

Looks like we just get the 3.5V6 in the land of Down Under... That's be why I haven't heard of it I guess... Bubble wrap one up for me guys and send in over... My address is... 17A....

Has anyone got a photo of the bottom of a VH45 with the Sump off it... be interested in seeing the block skirt???

attachment.php

turboandrew said:
. Shuey, are you aware the Nissan already has their AWD system with a V8 (The FX45)? .
There is also awd 1UZ engines from the UZS147 Aristo. They must have a diff built into the sump also so maybe that could be adapted into the car rather than using the GTR sump/diff.

Very interesting guys... You know, I saw a Lex 4wd sump photo in another section and only gave it a glancing thought... the diff is on the wrong side of the engine for the GTR gearbox, but now having seen your photo, now I'm wondering... there must be 2 variations of the sump!!!

Has anyone else seen one of these?..Photo's anyone? I wonder what the sump shape looks like and where it would clear my GTR crossmember etc.

Cheers,

Shuey

Cheers Lambo! Good work. Very interesting... Like my photo show's left side drive to the front diff. Could be a goer!

I've just about finished bolting the GTR sump on to the bottom of the Lex Engine (just secured it in position so it is stable enough to transport on it's sump). Then I can get it over to a mates empty engine bay for a trial fit and see if the route that I'm currently on is worth pursuing. If not, then it's back to the drawing board...

As per the title of the Thread... Wish me luck!
Cheers,
Shuey

And one more.

But guys, she dang tight!!! To be honest, I'm not sure this is going to actually fit.
You will see how tight it is up against the Brake booster. Admitedly the engine does need to go lower in the engine bay and it will sit below the clutch master cylinder, but the brake booster still looks like it will be an issue.

Unfortunately, time was against me (and my bro) on the day and by the time we got the RB26 engine and lowered the 1UZ into the engine bay the sun was going and we were out of light. I'm tied up for a few weeks so it won't be looked at for a while.

Anyhow... maybe a 3 liter RB build up instead.

Cheers,

Shuey

There's miles of room there.

If you can drop a spanner in the engine bay and it hits the floor than you have more than enought room.

You're a KIWI and that means you can make it work.

The same issue with brake booster in A70 supras - it is too big. The reason - because turbo needs bigger can when engine goes under boost, it holds some reserve. For NA 1UZ projects - smaller cans are used (from HiLux, I guess).
...and my firend told me - we can fix that issue with the hummer ;)

Sorry guys.

Considreing I live closer to NZ than Western Australia and that Western Asutralia would like to leave the rest of Australia I immediately thought of my closer/friendlier neighbour!

Did you know the North and South Islands of NZ are held together with a couple of lengths of #8.

I've done a few tricky repairs in the bush with a bit of farmers fence.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 12