Lexus power steer pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Richo

I am using a v8 in a buggy project and im running full hydro steering, i have done a search here but cant see to find any specs on the output of the lexus pump. If anyone can give me any details on the pump output or whether it will be up to the task of running a full hydro set up that would be great.

Sweet looking buggy youve got there, i checked out the build pics on the sorra page too and noticed your running full hydro but cant seem to find any detail regarding the lexus pump, are you using that?

My buggy is a little different, its a rock crawler not a racing buggy...

DSCF0585small.jpg

DSCF0583small.jpg

hey mate, that was gonna be my question - is you buggy being built for horizontal or vertical!

We're gonna test with the modified lexus pump - we're using an early V series commodore actuator and a howe 2" rack. At the moment at slow engine speeds the steering is a bit heavy - but thats on concrete at low revs. I checked out the offroadrush buggies at oran park on the weekend - they all run stock lexus motors including ps pump running to 1.5" racks with no problems. Im guessing they're a 900 to 1000 psi rack, but its only a guess.

I think ill take a gamble and just go with it. Ill be looking at a 1.5" bore 8" stroke double ended ram, alot of guys running commodore v6's are running the stock pump and its ok so ill see how it goes and update here for future reference.

Old thread, but I've been doing a little investigaton down this road. Basically, you can use either a larger bore, or longer arms (and stroke) to get by with lower pressure, but the trade is higher volume, so my thoughts were to use the power steering pump with the hydro fan pump (modified something like suggested in this thread: http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9976&highlight=power+steering+pump ) in tandem. Just some food for thought, nothing I've tried yet.

Richo: I would Love to hear a whole lot more about you buggy, maybe see a kinda build up progression. Ide love to have a 2 seat version.