Lextremer in Super Street magazine - congrats Bigdaddeywalt!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TundraEddie

My roomate subscribes to the magazine,I don't pay much attention to it until the front cover mentioned a V8 Corolla.

Your car (and Rhys Millen's Solstice) added some class to a usually crappy magazine
veryhappy.gif

To refresh everyones' memories,you can find photos of the car on this thread http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5317 I'll try to scan the magazine article tonight.

I read about that Corolla in the Super Street Magazine last weekend, too. It's very stunning and amazing. I like that chrome intake manifold. However, I'd like to see the owner supercharge or turbocharge it. I remember the magazine stated the car was dynoed with 200 hp comparing to a stock SC400 of around 187 hp - 190 hp.

Attachments

• HPIM0180.JPG
    HPIM0180.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM0181.JPG
    HPIM0181.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 18
thanks guys for the great feedback on my car and article. The article now says 200 hp which was supposed to be 205 and 216tq, back then it was 178hp in april when they did the photoshoot, but while they were doing the article I did the modified maf and got the extra hp and emailed them to change it to 200 hp and 214 tq, then I realized I had a bad 02 sensor and jumped up to 205hp and 216tq, but by that time they had done the write up for the magazine.Thats why you wont see the modified MAF because the shoot was done 3 months ago. Im planning this winter to twin turbo it with 2 hks gt2835's to see what she can do. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Take care and thanks once again to all of the Lextremers

Thanks Lex

UZZ30-Quebec, you tend to lose that much drivetrain loos with an automatic tranny, you'll lose a lil less with a a manual tranny.

Jibby- I havent weighed the vehicle yet. Do you guys have any suggestions where I can get the vehicle weighed at?

Metal recycling center. Most of the time you drive up to the scale and weight with truck along with scrap metals and unload the metals and weight the truck or car. That is how recycling center weight the crap metals. You can drive your car up the scale and you get the weight. Make sure the scale is calibrated first and it might cost you few bucks...

jibbby said:
Quebec maybe this will help clear things up...

Stock 1UZ-FE hp ratings....HP and WHP are two different animals...
Come on, I'm not that dumb. I've seen RWD automatic cars with 20-22% of drivetrain loss, but 30% is kinda out of the scale.

if it takes 70HP to turn a transmission, driveshaft, axles, water pump and P/S pump... Start looking to install electric P/S pump and Electric water pumps!

I didn't count the alternator because the load on the alternator on a dyno run is very light since you'll turn off every electric accessories.

Lextreme said:
Metal recycling center....
It's a good idea. I've dumped a few wastes there. It might look funny to the guy who works there, and especially with some good smell the recycling center gives you, but it can get the job done. Or you just pretend to drive up there and ask the guy some questions such as "Do you know if my car can carry a freezer from my house to your place?" "Can you weigh my car now so that I can be sure the weight won't hurt my car?" And good luck with the answers...LOL.

Anyway, another good place is the car dealers. They have the scales to weigh the cars with trailers, boats...etc. I know a Toyota dealer has that so I guess other dealers should have one, too.

UZZ30-Québec said:
Come on, I'm not that dumb. I've seen RWD automatic cars with 20-22% of drivetrain loss, but 30% is kinda out of the scale.

if it takes 70HP to turn a transmission, driveshaft, axles, water pump and P/S pump... Start looking to install electric P/S pump and Electric water pumps!

I didn't count the alternator because the load on the alternator on a dyno run is very light since you'll turn off every electric accessories.

Wait Quebec, maybe I am the one that is dumb here..Is that 200hp or 200rwhp that we are talking about on this Corola V8? I am lost......If it is 200hp we are taliking about like the 250hp rating at stock, then that setup needs some serious help like you are saying.....

I thought he was talking about 200whp which can be achieved on that motor with some good exhaust mods and ECU help...

HP - Is horsepower measured at the crank (engine only)

RWHP - Is horsepower measured at the rear wheels

FWHP - Is horseppwer measured at the front wheels

WHP - Is horsepower measured usually at the rear wheels but also the front wheels too....

Drivetrain loss from crank to rear wheels is usually around 20% or so....

Oh and BHP (Base Horse Power) is the same as HP if I am not mistaken....

and "Kz" as shown in the manual I believe is the same as RWHP....Maybe someone can chime in and verify that for me.....I am maybe wrong on this one....KZ I am completely guessing and have no idea....

That is my understanding of all symbols...