Leaky Moonroof

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Shaggs2Dope2

I did a search for moonroof/sunroof, and only thing i could find was squakyness but dont have to worry about that because I have a few cans of silicone spray, and maintain the tracks regularly.

However, last rainy season my girls LS400 has soggy floorboards/carpet from a leaky moonroof. I checked to make sure it wasn't the door rail from someone opening thier door into her car and misaligning her door, cuz someone got her pretty bad, but i definitely found that it was the moonroof leaking.

Are there seal kits available, or moonroof drain rails, because on hondas they have drain rails that if they get bent the moonroof leaks into the car. Last year I taped it up with clear 10year Duct tape but that stuff is so hard to remove for summer time. Anyway, just tryin to figure out how to keep this thing from leaking so we still have a functional moonroof and a watertight seal

thanks
Shaggs

Attachments

• DSC02050.jpg
    DSC02050.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC02052.jpg
    DSC02052.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC02071.jpg
    DSC02071.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 24
leaker

ther are four drain hoses running each pillar/rails supporting the front windshield and two alonr rear behind back windows these all must allow water to flow even w/roof closed it allows drainage.youll see it drain under car 4 corners . if it does not drain ( any 4 must be unplugged old leaves and mulch culprit. blow it w low pressure if it does not drain. if clear headliner comes down there are rail/cable kits 7 yrs ago paid over 600 us for parts lots of fasteners plastic blocks slide w pin to guide window pin would break off but glass usually jammed or dropped down. if works fine prob clogged drain hoses

is door upper frame kinked where its not making a seal /hissing wind on highway? check car for buckles(kinks not from dents but reaction of impacts

I checked all door frame alignment and seals, all of the doors are fine. It only was leaking on one side of the car, cant remember if it was drivers side or passengers side. The moonroof still works fine, not even a squeak or anything, just leaks inside the car to the floorboards.

How can I pull the tubes out to see if they are jammed. If it is 600 for a repair kit I guess I will just go back to clear duct tape once rainy season starts back up. Its really not worth the 600 dollars, will probably just sell the car next summer and get her a scion TC or honda accord coupe

My girl has the car at work right now, where should i look for these tubes, near the moonroof or is it under the headliner or something.

Attachments

• steer1.JPG
    steer1.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 1
  • steer2.JPG
    steer2.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 1
  • steer3.JPG
    steer3.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1
  • steer4.JPG
    steer4.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
  • steer5.JPG
    steer5.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1
  • steer6.JPG
    steer6.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
  • steer7.JPG
    steer7.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1
when glaas is all the way open. look in the corners. ssame principal as a house roof. the gutters clogg and you get a waterfall over the edges. you can see the corners lowered and channeld to guide water to the four drains. stand through the open roof . car not in gear lol. easy to see each tube should swallow as much water as u put in