Moonroof squeeking...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

i have no idea if i put this in the right section, sorry. Is there any type of lubricant to put on your moonroof to stop it from squeeking? It has been getting progressively worse and is really start to annoy me. If any of you guys have any info on this it would be greatly apriciated.

Thanks,
Nick

When does it squeak?
When driving? or when opening/closing?
If its when driving, something bad has happened.
If its when moving, put some silicon spray on the tracks, or maybe a very small about of gear and cog grease.

Well, it squeeks when driving, when like going over big bumps when the stress goes over the whole car. I was at the dealership a few months ago, they put something on the seal and it stopped the squeeking. It squeeks at the seal, not on the tracks, although i lubed those anyway. I think they might have used a silicon based lube on the seal but i forgot to ask what it was. I'm gonna stop by there tomarrow, ill let you know what they used.

Ok they gave me a silicon spray and i put that on the seals and that stopped the squeeking. That stuff works great on any seal on the car, windows, moonroof, doors, etc.

A good source for silicone spray is sailing or boat shops.

Sailors use it on the bolt rope of their salis to make thme slide up the mast easier.

Usually called something like "sailglide".

I use it as an all purpose lubricant that will not wash off easily. Great under the car.

I have a 91' LS and mine used to squeek quite a bit... I took it out once and it was 2 nuts that were not properly put back on correctly. The middle on each side has a stud that is attached from the roof crossmember and hangs downward into the sunroof. If it isnt tightened then the metal crossmember will queek on the threads of the stud. Mine was REALLY loud when going over speed bumps, driving 15mph and over large potholes. I put mine back together w/ a lot of loc tite and a thick layer of silicone around the whole unit.