It's Alive!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GT400

A few of you have followed my swap a little bit, and a few have seen it on the street in the week ive been driving it, but for the rest of you, he it is. Its been a slow project, but it feel damn good to be driving it again.
side_shot.jpg

front_corner.jpg

6_bolt.jpg

engine_bay.jpg

The car runs like a champ, though its not as fast as the turbo 6 yet, it will be over time. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first completed 1uzfe swap in the states, but i could be wrong. The are several in progress, and a few overseas, but i havent found any others finished here. many thanks to everyone who has helped!

Congratulations on completing your conversion, looks like a top job.
Forgive me for saying those side pipes look terrible. Looks far too shelby cobra when your Toyota is a far better car.

yeah i got the stickers from a kickass website!

The wiring was tricky, to the point that im still not done with it. Also, i wish it was a 5 or 6 speed, which i will do later. otherwise, it wasnt too hard. The motor mounts that cjsupra90 made for me were awesome!

you may want to reconsider the position of that air filter, you've got a WAI setup as is.

Elsupra,

I had one of those Supra when I was in high school. Its exactly the same color as your avatar. Missed that ride. Got a broken valve springs and cracked by head when the piston came up.

the car sounds awesome, and there is still a big list of things to do, including remounting the air cleaner. i'll keep the updates coming as i get stuff done and really finished.

Daniel, Glad to see that you finally got everything squared away (for the most part anyways). Just to let you know ahead of time with a 5speed conversion, the W58 supra trans with the U1 auto bellhousing and one of phil bradshaw's adapter plate will bolt up using the stock supra W58 mount and crossmember. The R154 will also if you use the correct adapter or bellhousing. The R154 adapter that phil has requiers the input to be shorted which in return pulls the tranny forward about and inch or so, so a costum mount will need to be made as we did for your Auto....
Anyways, glad to see that you finally got it drivable. As far as I know also, it is the first in the states. Damn-it I wanted that title...lol ohwell, the first Twin turbo version in a MKIII is still up for grabs as far as I know.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you chris, couldnt have done it without your help. You helped me get it fired for the first time, and get it mounted in the car.

how're those headers coming? any progress?

no, no progress at the moment. I have had to put everything on the back burner for the time being and I am kinda thinking about nixing the whole header idea and just going with the TT setup at the same time as the install. Either way though, everything is on hault for now, until atleast the 30 of this month when I go to court about something and depending on the outcome will determine when and what route I go.

the only wiring changes required to the engine harness was for the starting and ecu power circuits and both of those are at the end of the harness for the most part. I also changed the oil pressure sensor so that the gauge on the dash would work. i never could get the water temp sensor to work, even after i added one from the 7m motor, so i went to a mechanical temp gauge.

also, i straight wired the fuel pump, and to keep it from running any time the key is on, i put a switch in so i can turn it off if the need arises. i'd like to get it wired correctly, but im not too concerned about it.

it still needs lots of buttoning up, cleaning, and finishing, but it is a blast to drive. I'm taking it to the mountains this weekend, i cant wait to see if it handles any better.

Be careful driving around with those side pipes. They might get damaged. I bet you could do a little drifting with that car now. At least you have a V8 in there to back up the exhaust. That car is in good shape now.

I'll be on the dragon saturday afternoon ;). No cats, just motor straight to pipes.

Attachments

• xclearancebottom.jpg
    xclearancebottom.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 5
  • xclearancefront.jpg
    xclearancefront.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 6
  • xclearanceref.jpg
    xclearanceref.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 6