Injectors and sparks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey all,

I've know all the basics and stuff about these but has anyone got some hands on experience regarding injectors and sparkplugs.

Plan is twin ssuperchargers running about 7 PSI on a stock 1uz
shooting for 400hp (keeping things sane)

I think it would be doable on the stock injectors,
but I can get 8 bosch 803 2L cosworth turbo ones for decent money, those are 330ccm (stock purple/violet ones are 251ccm) smaller ones will defenatly give better idle, and idle emissions which I need for registration.
I however don't know if these fit at the fuel connections, (electrics is no problem custom loom will be made up)

also I think the stock sparky's will be up to it, but since replacing them anyway, is there a good reason to get a different heat grade? Bmep isn't altered that much around the firing moment so I might be ok.

help appreiciated

grtz Thomas

If you need to upgrade injectors then look at the ones on the lextreme parts page.
The flow rate of the injectors has nothing to do with how your idle or emissions will perform. That is a function of ECU control and flow patern/quality of the injector.
7psi is nothing to worry about, the stock heat range plugs will be fine. If your that worried then you can go one colder say a bkr7.

If I remember corectly I needed 310 injectors around that boost level, however I know I didnt start approaching 400 hp untill I was at 12 psi and that definitely needed 370s

The flow rate of the injectors has nothing to do with how your idle or emissions will perform. That is a function of ECU control and flow patern/quality of the injector.

that is not always the case, going to big reaquires such a short duration things get tricky controlling acurate.

anyway thanx for the input. I'll go with 330's and stock pugs to begin with.

Grtz Thomas