Injector Pulse

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ben Thorne

Hi All,
Hopefully someone can help us out with my problem. I have 92 hilux with a 1uz installed it has worked fine until just the other day when the car started running on only 7 pots. Thinking it was bad fuel I drained the tank and put in a fresh batch. It ran good for another day then started to run on 7 pots again. I did a comp test on the engine and they were all over 200psi, I then checked spark and that is all clear. I then got the injectors cleaned and serviced and its not that either. I then found that the injector on pot 2 on the left side of the car doesn't have a pulse, it has power just no pulse. All the other injectors have a pulse and will run and idle the car.

Has anyone else come across this problem? My only other option now is that its the ECU. If anyone has any thoughts please add them.

Thanks again

How do I tell if its a series 1 or 2?
It quite a large ECU.

Sorry I'm new to this. The car already had the 1uz in it when I bought it 2 years ago.

Whats the ECU number. Alloy body AFM or plastic body AFM? Cast fuel rails or billet rails? The reason is the series 1 ecus have 4 injector outputs so a failed ecu woud normally drop two injectors. The Series 2 Ecus have sequential injection so a failed injector drice would drop one injector.

Whats the ECU number. Alloy body AFM or plastic body AFM? Cast fuel rails or billet rails? The reason is the series 1 ecus have 4 injector outputs so a failed ecu woud normally drop two injectors. The Series 2 Ecus have sequential injection so a failed injector drice would drop one injector.

AFM body is alloy and the fuel rails are billet.