Infinity G35 Rims on my 96 SC400. . .what do you think, spacers?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

miwise

I like the rims, but they have more of a tucked in factory look to them. Think I need spacer or do y'all think they look OK? I'm of course talking about the rear wheels. I think the front ones are pretty close to the edge already. I like that look that the deep dish give, close to the edge of the car. That's what I'm talking about.

I like the rims, but they have more of a tucked in factory look to them. Think I need spacer or do y'all think they look OK? I'm of course talking about the rear wheels. I think the front ones are pretty close to the edge already. I like that look that the deep dish give, close to the edge of the car. That's what I'm talking about.
Your pictures look distant so I can't really tell. But they look nice and better than the stock rims, though. You might need a hi-quality set of spacers to tuck out the rear rims and be safe. Quality spacer costs about $65/each. Don't settle for the cheap ones because they'll cause the wheel studs to break and you're in trouble. Is each tire sized 245/40/18?

Each tire is 245/45/17. I may see if I can get my uncle to build me some 10mm spacers for the rear wheels from billet aluminum and get some longer studs. He works at a machine shop, so he can make them to my liking. That way I can also get the hubcentric rings to go on as well.

Each tire is 245/45/17. I may see if I can get my uncle to build me some 10mm spacers for the rear wheels from billet aluminum and get some longer studs. He works at a machine shop, so he can make them to my liking. That way I can also get the hubcentric rings to go on as well.
The spacers that you mentioned seem like the ones that I currently use. They don't rely on the studs, but they they have the rings that sit perfectly on the spindle. If you want to tuck out 1", then install additional wheel studs on the spacers instead. So you won't have to hammer the stock studs out and reinstall the longer studs. There're not many longer wheel studs out there that can replace the stock studs. It took me a lot of researches to find out. I haven't gone into the Supra searches yet.

I'll try NAPA and O'Reilly Auto Parts and see if they have anything. gotta get the spacers first. The rear tires just seem too tucked in to me for some reason.

I'll try NAPA and O'Reilly Auto Parts and see if they have anything. gotta get the spacers first. The rear tires just seem too tucked in to me for some reason.
It's normal for the rear tires to always tuck in for most cars. I think 1" rear spacers will make your car look really good. You might need to roll or cut the inner fender edges. It's ok for a normal height, but if you lower it, then it's a must, especially if you carry more than 2 people.

I may see about getting some 1" spacers. I like the flush look, but 1 inch spacers is a lot. Would there be any issues with integrity that the spacer may break and let the wheel fly off. Most 25mm spacers have the spacers mounted to the car and the wheel to them. This is the case for the ones I've seen, at least. Will this be a strong enough solution?

I'll take a picture of my spacers in the weekend so that you'll see what I'm using. If you have the correct and hi-quality spacers, you'll have no problems at all. But if you use the conventional low quality spacers, the wheel studs might break and the wheels will fly off. I drive my car with all 4 spacers up to 125 mph with no problems. I strongly believe I could drive it up to 160 mph, but I had no chance to go that fast. My spacers actually stabilize the wheels more than the regular spigot rings that come with the aftermarket rims.

I'll take a picture of my spacers in the weekend so that you'll see what I'm using. If you have the correct and hi-quality spacers, you'll have no problems at all. But if you use the conventional low quality spacers, the wheel studs might break and the wheels will fly off. I drive my car with all 4 spacers up to 125 mph with no problems. I strongly believe I could drive it up to 160 mph, but I had no chance to go that fast. My spacers actually stabilize the wheels more than the regular spigot rings that come with the aftermarket rims.

Here's the picture of the spacers that I'm currently using. This spacer is 1/4" for the front and I also have the 1/2" for the rear. This spacer's center bore sits tightly on the spindle hub and it has the lip to hold the wheel just like stock. It's safe and stable at all speed. I use 245/40/18 for all 4 corners. I might use 255/40/18 tires for the rear to bring out some more edges.

Important! You'll need at least 7 tightened turns of the wheel nuts to be safe. I had to change out to longer studs to hold them.

Attachments

• 108-0896_IMG.JPG
    108-0896_IMG.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 19
  • 109-0910_IMG.JPG
    109-0910_IMG.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 109-0930_IMG.JPG
    109-0930_IMG.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 109-0932_IMG.JPG
    109-0932_IMG.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 109-0940_IMG.JPG
    109-0940_IMG.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 109-0944_IMG.JPG
    109-0944_IMG.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 109-0948_IMG.JPG
    109-0948_IMG.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 109-0950_IMG.JPG
    109-0950_IMG.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 12
That looks good. I'm going to use your pictures as a reference to get mine built. One question, though. What about the discs for the brakes? Where are they?

That looks good. I'm going to use your pictures as a reference to get mine built. One question, though. What about the discs for the brakes? Where are they?
Each spacer costs me $60. If you need to find the wheel studs, let me know because I can help you with some info. The brake system is removed because I'm working on a turbo project. I had to take out the entire under-the-engine crossmembers and the lower control arms.