im outa here

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sideshow

well guys due to recent events im outa here
sorry but pms will be turned off not that i looked at them anyway

ive stopped selling parts and will only provide parts when i do the engine loom
and just sold last oil filter this week and no more
i guess i finially got sick of all the shit
same shit that happened to toymods ages ago heheh

2 forums gone now 2 more to go and i can relax and not worry

cya's

cya's
I do feel for you here...
Many, many Internet people take information, not gained by them selves and reproduce it. There Is a person on here that does This.

Just be alittle selective in information put out there.
Example.
In my industry , Turbochargers and engines using either diesel, petrol, methanol, LPG... All require different bsfc numbers, and tuning methods.
The engine still cycles flow through it, ..talk openly bout that, but always hold back the core data , that gives you the advantage over another company / person.... Lol it's called making yourself non replaceable and more valuable.

I'm in the same boat here, producing caterpillar lock up torque converters for dozers.... Lol , cat don't even make them... Get many requests of the specs and diagrams...
They want it, they buy whole unit...but I still help the customers, as we may pick up the repair work. They can lead to many 10's k revenue.
Same in the last 20+ yrs of dyno work on heavy diesels, finding ways to produce oem spec hp and torque numbers, but at less fuel rates, to save the end user more money....Had cummins ring me about that, due to the dyno owner talking to state cummins reps with bsfc numbers... Lol they really wanted to know how that happened.

Don't not help generally mate.
The group or circle of simular users as a whole helps others this way, but the bread and butter aspect of your business should be respected ,if you want to retain this information and you have the right to earn revenue from this skill..

All the best, hope you return,

Ash

Last edited:
Hi Sideshow.
I will miss your witty banter, most people come on here so they can ask for help and advise to help them out when they get stuck, I bet there has been many people who you have given help to in the past to get them on the road, There will always be people who just want to take advantage of someone else's knowledge for there own ends.
On the whole Lextreme is known for helping out when everything ells fails, not everybody is a proficient electrical engineer or trained mechanic.

Wish you all the best what ever or where ever you go to.

Alan

Hang around

ya grumpy old fart... Whats got ya upset? I for one enjoy reading your posts and have been lucky enough to have received help and criticism from you. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated, there will always be critics and people who generally just make life difficult. Its easy to get angry and fly off the handle but much harder to accept criticism or listen to anothers opinions. Stick around we need you and enjoy reading your rants.. You too ash.

Regards Ivan PS I'll bet I'm an older fart than u. :)

cya's

all the best with the future mate.

sideshow did alot of electrical work for the brothers 1UZ and whenever he needed some info or work done was always happy to help. some knob jockeys ruin it for others, real big loss to the lextreme forum.

82296573.gif

cya's

Onya mate and same here

Well as of today I've closed my shop. Why? Too much stress. Got offered a teaching job that pays quite a bit more than what came from my shop and 2 months leave (vacation) per year? go figure. Yet I'm still going to be around doing my thing for my loyal and regular clients (and possibly new ones if they ask nicely) . Yet what killed it for me was my 4yo son (Sam) asking me to read him a story 2 nights ago and I was that stressed that I almost tore his head off and shat down his neck. Nah no more people. 25 years in the motor trade and my body has given up the ghost for full time on the tools and my son when he wants dad to read him a story does not need to deal with some kind of "Stressed out monster". I will continue to share my knowledge and skills where I can

Sams Dad Good to see your sorting a solution rather than being the victum... Yes at times we need to look at ourselves in what direction we take and priorities in order..Esp when it comes to family..

2 weeks in and I think that I've made the right choice. Relate pretty well to the students and mange to keep 90% of them doing what they're meant to. Told the year 11s today that if they did all the work that they have to first then they could have the radio on and do the fun stuff later then took the class idiot out and got him to make a frame that we could put an engine on to make a "running engine rig". Never heard a peep out of him but lots of noise then "Now what?" He'd built the whole damn thing just from a rough sketch I'd quickly done for him and looking at the engine package sitting on the floor.. I think that kid has chosen the wrong trade, he should be a boiler maker or fabricator not a mechanic..

Looks like I've made the right choice of what to do and it's certainly different coming home just plain old tired rather than physically wrecked and very sore