im afraid i might have to go w a 2j. PLEASE HELP!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uz4me

Im what i consider a very knowledgable engine builder and am in love with 2j'z and 1uz's and currently own a 92 sc400 with an x pipe and full exhaust w a cold air intake (albeit in need of a comp tune) and gears. I know the 1uz is a technological masterpeice and am in awe of its design, particularly the valvetrain, and I also know some of the fastest production engined vehicles in north america use 2uz shortblocks w 1uz heads and twin turbos, but realistically my car doesnt even have 300hp. New pistons are freakin expensive and im intimidated about the electronic modifications necessary to boost. I only make 35k a year but am have a passion for engines and power like noone ive ever met. So, I need a to learn about a cheap build on my 1uz. wuts the most boost i could get w a completely stock bottom end on pump gas? Wut about w thick head gaskets? wut about w head gaskets and maybe removing some combustion chamber material to decrease compression?(if u cant tell im satisfied w the hypereutectics in the 1uz) and how much will it cost for me to sort the electrical issues? would it be easier 4 me 2 slap a carb on a self modified stock intake manifold? (please refrain from slapping me) or wut about a n/a tune? Im thinkin i could get some big cams (4 1000$ i know, ouch) and maybe take 8 motorcycle carbs and make custom manifolds to fit(then maybe next time my damn starter goes out i wont wanna blow up my car 2. lol jk) wut could i rev it to w some cams and these eight bike carbs? Wut kind of big power could i get with nitrous and race gas? that dude with the nitrous tundra dragster obviously has luck with that but i cant get any tech data on it. On the other hand if i could get big big power(4 digit) w just pistons and turbos (of course fuel pump, injectors boost controller, computer, intercooler ETC) on an otherwise stock bottom end I would go for it (im a business owner my tax return is like 8gs this year) do i need to get over my fear of modifying fi? How much power is the block good for? How much would it cost for me to stick a roots blower on it(this would be my fav cuz id love to have a roots blower w a birdcatcher sticking out the hood!!! talk about originality!)On the other hand i need no help on making a 2jz make BIG power for CHEAP CHEAP. Im considering selling my 400 to a friend and getting a 300 (is or sc or gs). I planned on having a 400 and a 300 but lately have been discouraged about big power from the 1uz. PLEASE HELP ME W INFO. ive been searching the net for knowledgable engine builders to talk w for months w no luck noone ever wants to talk w me about it. I just joined lextreme 2day thanks w any small bit of info u can give me. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME JOIN THIS WONDERFUL SITE.

My suggestion would be:

Go for after market low comp pistons 8.5:1 with a single largish turbo.

If you use less than 15lb boost it should all hold together.

Thick H/Gs alter the cam timing and won't cost much less tha new pistons.

If you want more grunt, rods and cams are next but the cost excapes at this point.

Look into aftermarket ECU's (great group buy going right now) to give you the best you can get out of your engine.

thanks man, wut kind of power u think i could expect w my current setup a standalone and your aforementioned mods with like 11-12 psi? wut would be the part on my bottom end to break assuming i had arp head bolts? how much is the block really good for, ive heard some say 800 and some say 1800. I think i can modify my stock mani's for turboing, wut do u think? what all is involved in going to a standalone? Wut do u think about my idea about the sportbike carbs w giant cams and superstiff valvesprings?

11-12 I would say 425-450FWHP.

Rods will break first the crank and bearing are brilliant.

I would expect the block to be good for 1200+

Stand alone means wiring it to the engine. Getting it to run. Then tuning the life out of it to get the best you can.

PM Damien about ITB's. His car is running well.

You need stiff valve springs for big RPM and forced induction on.

in my opinion i think you should go for a 1jz. will be much cheaper to make big numbers in the end if thats your goal. especially for an SC lex. many many many more parts available and people who know the engines around.0