idle prblems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

maca

Hi I,m new to this site and was wonderig if some one out there can help .I have a 91 model mx83 cressida and have fited 1uz-fe and gear box out of 94 toyota celsior half cut . I am having truble with idleing hi about 1500 rpm and serges to 2000 rpm in park but not in gesr but still idles hi any ides on whot the problem is.

Are you running the 1uz-fe motor on it's stock MAF intake system? It sounds like a problem with your intake some where.. Maybe try cleaning your throttle body and checking for any vacume leaks, intake leaks after your MAF if you do indeed have that setup... When my SC400 does that it is always a dirty throttle body and or intake that is the culprit...

Check your throttle position sensor (TPS) too as it could be going bad aswell...

thanks for the info jibbby as it turns out it is a problem with the idle air control valve is drawing to much air so I have machined an air bleed to put in the line and that has fixed the problem. It is running much better and is a lot more responsive from a standing start. It spins tyers through second gear and hooks up about 70/ 80 mph so all is good mate thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• uz  alt adjuster 2.jpg
    uz alt adjuster 2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6
  • uz  alt adjuster.jpg
    uz alt adjuster.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the info gloverman I had an auto electrition wire it up BUT he has not had any previus experience he was the only one in town that would even consider looking at it so it is very possible that is not wired up corretly the nearest person with knolage of these engines is about 6 hours away so i mite have to take a drive I,m a mechanic as well but have had very little to do with wireing thaks for the advise mate.

Start with that checking - also check the IAC valve has power for a few seconds after you turn the engine off(middle two terminals Black/red). Again another common mistake. I can explain if you don't. Cheers