I need some help to swap my 5ME

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

Hi, I am New !!!!!!!!!

Gays , I want to swap my 5ME original engine installed on Toyota Crown 1990 with 1UZ-FE engine that I will take it from Japanese Lexus front !!

- What things I should take care about during uninstalling the 1UZ ? i.e. the wires and etc.

- How I can connect the ECU in my Crown ? (wiring diagram)

- Can I install my old manual transmission on the 1UZ ? How

Also if some body have some hint …….. it will be very nice !!!!!

Thanks A lot.

When removing the Crown engine unplug the harness from the fuse box and ECU's (one under the glove box the other in the kick panel).

The problem is the loom seems to be one large circle passing trough the firewall twice and around the front of the engine. Decide where you want to cut it and do it. If you don't plan on running Traction control I would cut it above the drivers toes. Make sure you don't cut the wiring to the Alternator which comes from the front of the car.

Save the fuel speed resistor, the finned silver device right in front of the fuse box.

Fitting the manual will require an adaptor (Delow or CRS).

Wiring it is pretty easy as there is a "how to" on this Site. You will need the wiring diagram for you car to help join the looms but it isn't too hard. I didn't notice where your from but if in Sydney conact "sideshow" and he'll sort the wiring out for you.

Attachments

• nicks photos 039.jpg
    nicks photos 039.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 22
  • nicks photos 040.jpg
    nicks photos 040.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 16
I just noticed you in Riyadh! A bit far for sideshow to travel to.

Just keep asking questions and we'll do our best to keep answering them.

Attachments

• nicks photos 044.jpg
    nicks photos 044.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Zuffen, you know Riyadh ??

I didn’t need the TRC. So you mean to cut the wires from under the TRC unit ?

From where I can get the wiring diagram for my Crown ?

What is that adaptor (Delow or CRS) – if I remove the automatic transmission the engine well not start -

I've never been to Riyahd but I do know where it is so your one lonely lextreme member.

With the Crown ECU you can get away with not connecting any tractio control wiring and the engine runs fine.

Have alook around the Site. Kdog has a very good set of pinouts for the Crown and there is a very easy to follow tech article on wiring a Crown. You don't need the full Crown wiring diagram to do it.

Your engine can be started with the auto removed as the ring gear is attached to the flexplate not the torque converter.

Dellow adapters http://www.dellowauto.com.au/welcome.html in Sydney or CRS http://www.rodshop.com.au/ in Castlemaine (Victoria) both are in Australia and they can supply everything you need to put a manual behind a 1UZ.

In my plan next step will be the twin turbo !!! I can get from the local market some used turbo’s , like the one come on the MU-E ( Garrett 2471 .48 M26 ) what I can understand is A/R is .48 !!

If I install two of this one . What power I can get ?

My target is 400 hp. So some can help ?