I got used by a S65 V12 Bi-turbo AMG Merc..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Oh my.....What a race today... A true classic for me... It appears I am the only one that reports races so here we go again..

SC400 (100 shot nitrous) vs. New S65 AMG Mercedes from a dead stop.....

I was cruising the coast today on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) here in Malibu, California USA and realised I was cruising next to this new AMG Merc S65 with a younger guy driving.. I gave a little gas and some exhaust noise and he did too, then we both pulled up at a red light... Oh my I said to myself as I new this guy was going to give it a run.. I new it was on, and the adrenaline was pumping..... Nitrous armed and I was ready to go...

Light turns Green - We both go for it and launch, I am out in front spinning both rears and the AMG is just gripping and not spinning but right there with me, I immediately hit the nitrous and we are neck and neck thru the first two gears...This AMG is motoring big time and faster then I thought.. Third gear hits and I new I was in trouble as the big V12 and boost kicked in and it pulled away from me, then we both shut it down... It was not a bad loss but a loss never the less... :damnit:

We pull up to the next red light and he rolls down his window and gives me the thumbs up...I roll down my window and say to him those Amg's really can motor, nice car and nice win.. He say's yeah and your Lexus is very fast too, and what are you running under that hood?.. I said nitrous, he said that explains you keeping up with me.....

He said cool and that was it and we drove off... A little disappointed but by what I can tell the S65 AMG is easily as fast as a new C6 Vette...Faster then the E55 AMG too.. I was very impressed with it's mid range power as I yearned for boost or my original 150 shot instead of just this 100 shot...

End of story... I may have been ahead with a 150 shot running, maybe??? Not totally sure though, the S65 AMG's simply rock... I have a new respect for those rides...WOW!!!!

They are pretty sweet rides, well I would assume for the S65. My neighbor has a 2008 CL65 AMG and that car is bad ass.... He let me take it out for a drive last weekend and all I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me that he wasn't trying very hard cause those motors are rated 738ft/lbs @ 2000 and 604hp @ 4800 which even at 4800 rpm's its still producing 660ft/lbs or torque. Although, the car is 5000lbs, still dont think that it would have any trouble walking away from you at all.

That new Mercedes is nice and hot. If its weight is cut down, it'll be a monster. The SC needs around 400 rwhp to beat that car, but it'll require some serious boost and internal preparations.

Yes, it was a monster.. Yes, he was gunning it... And yes he pulled away from me.... (Supra, I never get used badly in street races 0-70mph in my SC400, never!!!!) I've really got more power then my traction can handle thru the first two gears..

This was really a race... Stop start to 100mph or so on a big wide empty straight... Perfect race conditions and that is why I posted this even though I got used...

My brothers friends AMG E55 which I have drove in is not nearly as fast as this S65 AMG MERC... That's gotta be the fastest Merc out their...A true beast of a ride... It reads on the side of the car V12 Bi-turbo, just sick....

John,
It's time to boost your ride. No more pushing the button. There're too many fast cars on the streets these days. 400 bhp car was a standard for a so-called big boy several years ago. Now I think at least 450 bhp car would be the start. I'm thinking about mass producing the turbo manifold for the SC400, but not a complete kit.

Yes, Steve your right... However, I really don't know if I can get my SC4 any faster even with boost... Unless I swap out a tranny.... It almost doesn't make sense to me or else I would have already done that...

I'll tell you what Steve, you boost your ride as much as you can with your stock tranny intact and if you take me in a race then I will go ahead and boost my ride... I still don't think any of you guys can take me up to 70mph, and I am not just saying that to be cocky. I truely believe nitrous is just as potent or even more potent then boost on our SC400's with our auto trannies......

The stock SC4 auto tranny puts a road block on all our rides and power levels....Boost, nitrous, it really doesn't matter...

boost comes on a lot smoother then nitrous, it couses a lot less harm to driveline parts. becouse of this you can make a lot more power with boost then nitrous and not have as many problems, this is ofcorse aside from advanced progressive nitrous controlers.

I still don't think any of you guys can take me up to 70mph, and I am not just saying that to be cocky. I truely believe nitrous is just as potent or even more potent then boost on our SC400's with our auto trannies......

I can give it a try Jibbby? Nobody really race from 0-70 these days. Usually from 0-100+. But I want to see how my car stack up against your from 0-70. 2jz-gte are pretty weak at low end. It would be a good experiment for me to see what I can upgrade to get better low end. What do you say?

I can give it a try Jibbby? Nobody really race from 0-70 these days. Usually from 0-100+. But I want to see how my car stack up against your from 0-70. 2jz-gte are pretty weak at low end. It would be a good experiment for me to see what I can upgrade to get better low end. What do you say?
Let's do it..Hooray!

haha it seems every time racing comes up all the cali guys want to have a little personal challenge. you guys need to video tape the "Lextreme battle of the V8 cars."

I'm waiting fellas??? It's all good...

Nitrous comes on aggresively unlike boost... If the nitrous shot is within the cars traction range (non progressive) then it will still be hard to beat...It's that simple... Nitrous creates a far more aggressive rpm climb then boost.. Yes, Jake nitrous it is harder on the drivetrains, motors and everything else for that very reason..

When I hit the nitrous the car explodes with power in just a fraction of second..Immediate full power to the wheels just like in the movies...I don't think boost does that right? That's my advantage.. I still like Boost over nitrous though so don't get me wrong..... One day I hope to have both combined...A pegged supercharger sitting ontop of my 1uzfe and back up nitrous just incase..... Now that would be awesome and sneaky.. He He...

Steve and James, If we all race to 100mph or more I think both of you will pass me... That's why I said to 70mph...

Ok lets do it. This coming weekend how does that sound? This is just for my personal experiment to see how my car stack up against a monster NOS low end. I'm sure I'll be rape but just want to see how bad. LOL... Jibbby let me know what is a good day and time for you. Thanks for the help in this experiment.

David, please bring out the camera. And I need the location that you told me about. Thanks.

James, any time other then this weekend...I am leaving for Las Vegas with some homies on Friday and won't be back in town til Sunday morning... How about the following weekend?

I will show I promise....

James, I can see how you would be at a little dis-advantage when comparing to Steve and Myself...We have the luxury of a torquey V8 1uz.. and a torque converter stall rate that gives you great power out of the blocks and half way thru first gear...Then we have nitrous and boost too...However James, when your 2jz spools it's over, your car should really move on the back half....

James, if you could incorporate just a 50 shot of nitorous combined with your boost just to help you with your launches your car would be untouchable...

Curious are either of you guys running an LSD on your SC's? I can't remember....

Sounds good John. The following weekend it is then. I'll keep you posted in time and location. Lets go get some coffee afterward with Steve and David too. Should be a good mini meet at the same time.

I'm waiting fellas??? It's all good...

Nitrous comes on aggresively unlike boost... If the nitrous shot is within the cars traction range (non progressive) then it will still be hard to beat...It's that simple... Nitrous creates a far more aggressive rpm climb then boost.. Yes, Jake nitrous it is harder on the drivetrains, motors and everything else for that very reason..

When I hit the nitrous the car explodes with power in just a fraction of second..Immediate full power to the wheels just like in the movies...I don't think boost does that right? That's my advantage.. I still like Boost over nitrous though so don't get me wrong..... One day I hope to have both combined...A pegged supercharger sitting ontop of my 1uzfe and back up nitrous just incase..... Now that would be awesome and sneaky.. He He...

Steve and James, If we all race to 100mph or more I think both of you will pass me... That's why I said to 70mph...
This is the comparison from a stop launch. You're right that Nitrous comes on agressively at the first second, however, it'll be consumed very quickly. When you downshift at 2nd gear, let's say at 40 mph, that's when most of the Nitrous is almost gone. Unless you run a big shot like 100 or more, then the juice is still there, depending on the shot size.

With the proper size turbo, it may come on in the next second, but then it'll climb agressively all the way until the gas pedal is released. With 9 psi of boost, my car kicks in at 10 mph, chirps the tires between 15-20 mph, and gets full boost from 20 mph up to 100 mph or more. From 0-10 mph is very fast. I'd say it accounts for 1/4 or 1/2 second. When it downshifts for the 2nd gear at 40 mph, the boost still continues to build. The max boost will hold constantly throughout the range. You may believe it or not, and please don't misunderstand me that I'm trying to talk you down. You know me that I just say what I belive is true when thing means business...LOL. Some jokes for sometime, though.

The truth about this V8 battle is my car won't be ready for 3-4 weeks, because I need to prep my car for some serious boost like I mentioned. It's not because of this battle, but for the goal that I always wanted. However, you gentlemen can still have a grunt, and I'll be the spectator or referree, whom will be honest no matter who will bribe me. :cop:

NO WAY STEVE, as you have to be part of the action... Run your SC4 as is, as I only have my 100 shot going and not 150 too... Come on buddy don't cheese out...

Now Steve, in regards to your nitrous discription you said it runs out on me after second gear and I must say that is not true...Third gear still has some pop too under the juice... It doesn't run out as the nitrous is still squirting until I elect to shut it down... It can still go into 5th gear and that will still make may car faster... Maybe, not like full boost in the upper gears but never the less it is additional power over N/A... It's more the torque converter stall rate that slows the car down mid way thru thirds gear then the NOS output...

Hey, talk is cheap let's get it on!!!!! James, I will still race ya and your buds..

I agreed with you Jibbby. Talk is cheap. It will be just you and me in this race. My friends will join us in November 1 2008 at the AutoClub Speedway in Fontana for a 1/4 drag. So get your car ready for that. This race is just to see how my car stack up against a V8 Nitrous on a launch that's all. I need this experiment to improve my car for our November race.

NO WAY STEVE, as you have to be part of the action... Run your SC4 as is, as I only have my 100 shot going and not 150 too... Come on buddy don't cheese out...

Now Steve, in regards to your nitrous discription you said it runs out on me after second gear and I must say that is not true...Third gear still has some pop too under the juice... It doesn't run out as the nitrous is still squirting until I elect to shut it down... It can still go into 5th gear and that will still make may car faster... Maybe, not like full boost in the upper gears but never the less it is additional power over N/A... It's more the torque converter stall rate that slows the car down mid way thru thirds gear then the NOS output...

Hey, talk is cheap let's get it on!!!!! James, I will still race ya and your buds..
I'll have a run with you for a beer or coffee. Man, I wish we've could have done this last month. I've mentioned this to you several times before when my car was still running. But don't worry. We'll all have a chance for fun soon.

I may be wrong in your Nitrous run. :tapedshut: You know that more than I do for sure.

Steve, Is your car not running and what is the problem?

James, get David to come out and video our race and I am down for the following weekend for sure..... If you want to wait for Steve to join in that is not a problem either... As I would like to get my 150 shot running again anyway, if that's the case then you guys might really be in trouble even up to 100mph.....He he...

Talk is cheap though as we all must see, so let's make it happen this time.....

I'm having a surgery on the 1UZFE and preparing the internals for some serious boost, including adding 2 extra fuel injectors. I'm still thinking on how to build that. That's why it's down at the moment. I wasn't kidding that I'll hang with the Z06 for sure.