How to twin turbo an LS1 and get 500whp..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I know everyone including me are a fan of the uz motors but one cannot look past this LS1 setup for the money...

I came across this link and found it very interesting and jaw dropping... A twin turbo'd GTO powered LS1 imotor is very impressive to say the least as shown in this illustration...

What are your thoughts about this GTO powered LS1 twin turbo setup and it's power output?

I suck at these links... Most frusterating when it doesn't link up...

Trynon to the rescue, you da man!!!!!

Pictures are nice, engine is nice, power is nice, price is nice... Right or wrong? It appears APS has a good turbo product, it's a shame a company doesn't have this simular setup for our 1uz's... I really like the way it is cooled, position of turbo's, etc.. I think this is the way to go..

looks really nice,im a big fan of the stealth looking engine bay,doesnt look much more than pod/otr or simple airbox mod.

APS is Aussie based company? I did not know that... Good stufff..

You know I am very impressed with these LS1's when turbo'd... I remember going to the races and seeing a Vette with two rear mounted turbo's but these were mounted in the back of the vette close to the mufflers... A real nice piece of work, needless to say that boosted Vette was absolutely destroying the competition all night long. By the end of the races I mean know one wanted to go head up against that beast including me...

Justen even you may have gotten worked over by this 600whp twin Vette according to the owner, this guy really had his car dialed in... I am a believer in these LSx boosted motors as they simply just rip and sound tough.....

Yeah i am a bit of a fan of the LS....prefer the LS2 as they seem to have resolved the LS1 dramas. Still a bit of a blunt tool but at least they have finally got the weight down. I like the tight packaging,, if only a twincam head could be that compact

Yeah i am a bit of a fan of the LS....prefer the LS2 as they seem to have resolved the LS1 dramas. Still a bit of a blunt tool but at least they have finally got the weight down. I like the tight packaging,, if only a twincam head could be that compact

Yep, In 1999 they got the LS1 motors made right...In 97 and 98 the LS1 motors had some oil passage problems reported and some electrical issues as well.... I would only get a 99 or newer LS1 motor.. The LS2 and LS7 are considerably more pricey when buying used...

Attachments

• DSC01725.JPG
    DSC01725.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 240
price

friend of mine was going to get a twin turbo kit installed on her 350z. drive in drive out price was $17000, so i would not expect change from 20k for an ls package. that included labour though.

Looking at the turbos under the car, I wonder if they have to use a scavenge pump to move that oil post-turbo to the sump. Or is it good enough to simply let it build up and move itself to the sump?

500 h.p is the tip of the iceberge for a motor this size..
Yes the rear mount turbo instilations I have seen on the Holden and Fords 5.4 Boss 32v twin cam head have Tilton scavenge pumps. Returns back to rocker covers....