How to Save Fuel?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redback

yes i know another thread..... and htere will another to follow aswell. lol

ive been reading around the place regarding LS400's using alot of fuel ect... im not sure if mine is normal.. (around 400-450km to a tank and 700km+ traveling).

i read somewhere that you can unplug the extra injector used for warming up. has anyone done this? and what issues did they experiance... and did it save fuel by eliminating the extra fuel requird during warm up?

my cars normal opperating temp is about a quarter of the temp gauge... used to be half way before i installed full exhaust. (<-------- does this make sence?)

dont know about the 1UZ, but in my camry, the cold start injector only operated at max duty cycle if the temperature was -20 degrees :p

I was thinking about removing mine since I live in southern california but im moving to Coorado in 2 weeks so i will have mornings at 0 degrees and such so now its needed.

Not a mod but a driving habbit. on my cruse to work and back i have relitvly long expances between lights and i can see a light comming up for about a mile. when a light is red ill let out of the trottle way early and coast, everone else on the road blows past me then slamms on the breaks at the last second. often the light will turn green and traffic will clear so i basicly made it though a green, if the light hasnt changed my goal is to use minimal breaks stopping at a normal distance behind the next car.

i figure it this way, the more you use your breaks thats more energy wasted that you already invested in by useing fuel, coasting up to a light from a distance instead of maintaining speed then breaking uses a lot less fuel.

the key word here jibby is "save" Not "sease all consumption of"

no matter how powerful or modified your car is you can always maximize the miles it gives you.

so between what temperatures does the extra injector opperate. un plugging would have to save fuel if it doesnt switch off until reaching normal opperating temp.

??

I read somewhere (and can't remember the source) that on the 1UZ the regular injectors aren't used at all until the engine is already running. Which would mean you would not have fuel in the cylinders to start the engine if this injector is unplugged.

well guys from buying a stock LS400 & doing a full exhaust & intake system I regularly get 850k's out of a tank crusing & 800 with aircon on. With a passenger & luggage. Also has iridium plus & kingsborne leads with BP ultimate.

Awesome consumption for a 17 year old V8.

Redback you may want to look into your temperature. Chances are you may require a thermostat to get the temperature back to be where it should be. If the engine is running cold then it will be using more fuel than it should. Cheers

well guys from buying a stock LS400 & doing a full exhaust & intake system I regularly get 850k's out of a tank crusing & 800 with aircon on. With a passenger & luggage. Also has iridium plus & kingsborne leads with BP ultimate.

Awesome consumption for a 17 year old V8.

How many liters is "a tank"? Everyone tops off at different spots.

Yeah I put an safc on mine, and actually tuned it to get it leaner with a friend's wb02

It need a lot, I think my correct is almost -15