How to hook up Toyota 1uzfe V8 alternator to a Mazda Miata Harness ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

3barboost

Help !!! I now need to mate my Toyota 1uzfe V8 alternator to the Miata harness, how do I do this and what wires to splice to what ?

The Miata has 3 wires - Big White which is Batt +
then white with black
and white with green

The Toyota alternator has 4 wires - Big Black which is Batt +
then red with blue
and mustard/yellow (could be green trace)
and beige/white (could be green or blue trace)

I have done the "big wire" so that leaves me with the "two" mazda and "three" toyota wires to hook up ! help !

The Toyota harness was cleaned with a solvent to remove some dirt and while the red wires blue trace is 100% clear the "trace" colours on the other wires is a bit indistinct

there is shitloads of info on 1uz alternators but like most others u are tooo lazy to search

im on holidays so my miata info is at home

but on the 1uz red/ blue is ign to alt

yellow is to the charge light

white is battery to alt

thick white is main battery to alt

now u have to find what the wires on miata do

one will be light the other will be batt or ign

so depending what it is u have to add the 3rd wire in the miata loom

its not to hard

hey sideshow thanks for the info - and I did search !, I appreciate the help but dont like being called lazy ! anyone doing an engine swap is not lazy ! your info looks like it is 100% correct the other info I found did not detail the red wires location

well anyone is lazy compared to me hehehhehee

sometimes i spend 4 to 8 hours a week researching for info on future wire up jobs

i wire up full time so i spend many hours on net searching for valuable info to help on up and coming jobs

if i cant find it i buy the info for it

you have to do this to stay ahead of evryone else

anyway ill be home in a week and can give u info on your miata wiring if u cant find anything

anyway theres 2 wires for yr miata

one is definately charge light
other is power but is it batt or ign
which ever it is just add the missing one

there is also a sticker on yr miata alternator
on that sticker is a diagram of the alternator plug

it will have either "L" or "S" or "IG"

L is light

S is supply which is batt
IG is ignition

thanks dude

I sold the Miata engine with alternator so I got no points of reference - I have hooked up the white/green and white/black on miata harness to the toyota yellow / white and have only got the toyota red / blue to hook up - I will run a switched + to this to "fire" the alternator

thanks for your help

Use a multimeter to check the Miata wires before connecting anything up.

If you apply 12v to the yellow wire on the 1UZ alternator you will kill the regulator inside it. By grounding the appropriate wire on the Miata harness you should activate the charge light on the dash, this is the one to connect to the yellow.

On the 1UZ the other two wires are for battery voltage sense and ignition on sense so the alternator knows how much voltage to output and when the vehicle is running.

If you kill the regulator in the alternator the charge light will not come on and the alternator will output about 15v which can cause problems.

Matt.