how do I find faults on 1uz transplant?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mico

Hi all,
I've been trying to get the fault codes out off my uzs-131 Ecu, have shorted out E1 and TE1, i've plugged an LED in the engine check light (with a +ve on the other end) and it doesn't flash, anybody got any ideas? any help much appreciated
Thanks
mico

I tried the LED because it was small and easy to instal.

Trouble is it didn't work.

I had to change it.

If you want to use a scanner on your OBD many independant service centres use "Mountain Instruments" scanners that can interogate the ECU. These scanners can read Crown ECU's which interestingly enough Toyota can't on their factory equipment. Toyota can read an LS400 ECU specifically programmed for Tobago (seriously this is true) but not a Crown for Japan. Seems pretty stupid but that's what their equipment does.

Globe between W (is there a pin there?) and +B1 should like up globe with key ON and engine OFF (with no bridge between E1 and TE1).

If it doesn't then you may not have the motor wired properly, or the TPS may not be in IDL

Ok we tryed the +b1 to W (on the computer) the same as you would have it as a check engine light, this comes on with key on engine off, and when engine started it stays on, but still no flashing at all when E1 and Te1 connected....

In order for the ECU to go into diagnostics mode, a few prerequisets must be met.

A) Battery Voltage must be above 11volts
B) TPS must be in IDL
C) Neutral Start Switch must be connected (or Auto Trans in Neutral)
D) Aircon/fan switch off.

To check the TPS, look here.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_101.gif

Ignoring the thickness gauge settings, just make sure the IDL-E2 setting are correct.
(ie, open circuit when throttle is shut, and short circuit when throttle is 0.5mm open).

You may have to clean the throttle body in order to get the butterfly to close all the way.
If the butterfly looks like it is closed all the way, you can adjust the TPS with the 2 screws on the side.

Pin out is the same as the 7M-GTE one.

Hi there Yarno,
I had a similar problem with my 131 conversion. I had failed to connect the black/pink ignition wire at position 2 on the 22 pin plug. With this wire not connected everything else functioned normally but I couldn't get it to go into fault mode. Check it out, hopefully this helps.
Regards,
Matt.

Right we have set the TPS to this http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/9739/33074.html?1134664242
Which is the opposite of what Peewee said but the 7mg one was similar to the one above. Checked the voltage, 12.6v. Nutral start is connected, and there is no air con/fan??.
And still no flashing of the globe in diagnostics.

Also the problems we are having with the engine is it starts fine and runs smooth, but is very underpowered, and using about 40L/100km, engine dosn't rev freely at all, have even had the exhaust of to see if it was that.

u shouldnt have to worry bout anyhting with a/c or neut start

if its wired correctly the ecu should flash the light
unless its faulty

if its underpowered maybe u have timing wrong

is exhaust very hot

have u got correct w pin

is it wired correctly

maybe timing is wrong

try to unplug some sensors like tps and see if it brings an error

from past experiences on 4ags u might have a stuffed ecu

pull the lids of it and see if someone has let the smoke out of it

maybe check the crank and cam sensors are plugged in

If the beast is underpowered and using heaps of fuel you have one of two things;

A faulty sensor (unlikely as the engine was most likely running well before it became a half cut) or;

You have a wiring error. Go back over your wiring and double and triple check how you have it wired up. I bet you $20.00 you have a wiring error.

And yes I will pay up if I'm wrong.

even if i was a betting man i wouldn't take that bet, guess i'll have to ring my auto sparky and get him to have another look at how he wired it up....

All fixed now the wiring was right but the diagram we used was back to front on one of the plugs (so our wiring was back to front), it was the crown diagram from this site.

Also the ecu says that code 42 is a problem can this be fixed by putting 12v to the neutral switch wire?

Thanks for everybodies help very much appreciated

Mico,

I don't thimk the wiring diagram on the plug is wrong. Kdog did a great job on them.

You need to always keep in mind you are looking from the back of the plug not the front in his diagrams.

This is another instance where a wiring error stops the swap being straight foraward.

I know I didn't get mine right first go.

42 is speedo signal to ecu

i sell speedo interfaces that go onto gbox and send the correct signal to the ecu