Holden FE Engine Mounts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fe_ute

I am putting the V8 into a Holden FE ute 1957 and need advice before I start about engine mounts. It has a Holden HR front end and wondering if anyone has done something simular or ideas how to fabricate engine mounts and whats required?

You can use engine mounts from Castlemaine rod shop, use them with HK-HT-HG 308 mounts and it will all bolt straight in.

That would be great if it is that easy. Will send them an email to see if they can modifiy my HR crossmember to suit a V8 and the rear sump and also the engine mounts. Then the only question is going to be height when fitted and if the firewall/gaurds needs to be modified.

G'day FE ute,
what i have done in the 37 chev is counterbored the v8 engine mounts to take universal type round mounts and then just made a couple of steel mounts to weld to the chassis. I actually swapped the alloy mounts that are bolted to the engine left to right to put the mounts a little further forward for my particular installation as they now clear the steering shaft to the rack. You might have to change the oil filter location to clear the crossmember depending on position of the crossmember in relation to the motor. Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you even more:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: