hilux 2wd conversion on the way

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

raizal

finally got my engine.got a redrilled flywheel with a ceramic centered 6 puck clutch.still waitn for a w series gearbox.(anyone in NZ got 1 let me knw)
i wanted to get rid of my airconditioning pump.anyone done this i would appreciate some info and pics.
i also wanted to change my cambelt as this is a second hand engine and i dont knw how mny k's its got on it,but it seems like a mission to get it off.

where is the best place to mke a hole in the auto gearbox for the clutch lever.(anyone got any pics)

also need a wiring diagram for my 1uzfe

You don't ask for much aye?? Just kidding...
Was your Hilux a petrol or diesel. If petrol then you'll want to put the clutch fork on the lower left of the auto bell housing (from front) if not then on the lower right.

For the ac pump removal, I mounted my alternator there so that the belt path was correct (also on 2wd hilux the steering box gets in the way of the alternator) From memory you can use a 1960 length belt from repco.

Cam belt wise, do it while the engine is out.... it may be a mission, but is a hell of a lot easier than in the car. Someone on this forum will have the change out procedure, else I can scan/email or fax it to you. PM me your email details and I will send through my conversion write up.

Its amazing the popularity of this exact conversion... you definitely won't regret doing it.

Muzz

Attachments

• Resize of 260Z 005.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 005.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Resize of 260Z 006.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 006.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Resize of 260Z 004.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 004.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Resize of 260Z 021.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 021.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Resize of 260Z 015.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 015.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 260Z 028.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 028.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 260Z 029.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 029.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Resize of 260Z 019.jpg
    Resize of 260Z 019.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Hey Raizal,
Just un-bolt the aircon. pump, and disconnect it from the engine loom. there are about 3 bolts holding it on its pretty basic. do the same with your alternator and place it where the aircon used to bolt up. Just use two 100mm long 20x6mm thick steel brackets on the front, then you'll have to make a custom mount to anchor the rear of the alternator to stop it twisting, (I wil pxt you this bracket, see if you can fabricate it).. just shim the front brackets till you get the belt alignment right, and make sure the belt is not going to foul on anything where you position the alternator.

Hello

Don't throw that A/c pump away when you remove it. I might have a need for it if I find a motor without one. Don't be scared of doing the cambelt. Just make sure you line up the marks before removing the old belt. I think there is a tutoral so look there.

Cheers
Kelvin

thanx guys i knw i ask for a lot but this is my first engine transplant and i dnt wnt to f**k it up.so i ask u guys cause u knw beta.

hey gloverman did u get my e-mail

i am also doing this conversion into my 2wd hilux very soon, i have a few questions?

1.does the standard bell housing or any part of the motor sit lower than the chassis rails?

2.is there anyone with good advice on the conversion before i start

3.will i need anything other than the front cut

4.i want to run a mircotech computer with the motor, any one have experience with this, will it work?

sorry bout the questions, thi sis a killer forum, look forward to any replies.

sup iv just slaped a 1uz in my 87 2wd hilux, can any 1 help me with a sump az i have the midle mounted 1 it fauls on the steering arm.
any help would be great.

Nate,

I had a rear sump and have swaped for a front sump for my 94' hilux.
You will either have to search for a front sump or get a custom rear sump from Castlemain Rod shop...That is unless you want to get creative and design your own sump?? Your best bet is to find some speedway or jet boat guys that are not worried about sump positions and swap with them.

I will post some pics over the next few days showing the different sump positions and dimensions for the 1UZ.

Attachments

• DV00000.jpg
    DV00000.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DV00001.jpg
    DV00001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 7
cheerz lowboy il get on the search tomorow..
got any ideas wot the ones from crs are worth??
if u here of any let me know im keen az for one a. cheerz

i think CRS sumps are about $600au plus the frieght costs. Your better off seeing if you can swap with some one. Where in new zealand are you?

sup lowboy, i stay in auckland a.
i might of sused 1 a,find out tomorrow.
in a hurry to get it going a,gt no wheels at the mo.