w58 1uz 2wd hilux vibration

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kirby

Hey guys,
after getting the shits with the crown auto having a mind of its own and shitting itself i decided to go with a w58 manual conversion. It is now complete and everything was fine until i took it on the freeway, i felt a slight vibration at 100km/h and didn't think much of it until i did 120km/h on the way home from work the next day and nearly rattled the car to pieces.

I took the shaft back to the driveline shop and they rebalanced it and said it was within reason, they also said my angles may be out, but its all the same as it was with the auto. The only difference is its about 40mm longer then the old one.

I checked my angles by putting the ute on stands, taking the gerbox mount out and putting the jack under it. ran it up to 100km/h with the box jacked all the way up then as far down as i could go. It didn't make any difference at all. It starts to vibrate around 80-100 and reall bad 100+

could it be a bent output shaft?? Was gonna replace my CIG locker and see it it helps at all also.
any help would be great

cheers kirby,

How low is the ute? You may have to lift the angle of your centre bearing.

I had the same problem with mine... running quite loww notched etc...