Head Gaskets

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been looking into head gaskets and came across the following Site http://www.rpmmachine.com/cometic-gaskets-jaguar-nissan.shtml That has Cometic head gaskets for US$68.95 each side. That's $137.90 a pair! I've seen other brand head gaskets for the 1UZ at up to US$300.00 a pair.

Reading through Cometic's own Website they seem to read well.

Does anyone have any information on Cometic.

At this price it looks good to try a GB as all the peolpe who orderd pistons are going to need head gasket at some time.

David,

You must sleep at your computer!

I've emailed RPM to see if they can supply full gasket kits plus bearings and idler bearings.

I figure if I can get everything from one source it will save heaps in freight.

I just paid US$40.00 freight on a distributor cap (not for a 1UZ) I couldn't get here in Australia so I figured rather than buying from 4 places and paying heaps of freight I may as well see what I can do from one place. If the price is good for 1 set I'll see what it would cost to send (say) 5 sets downunder.

I swear the head gaskets on my 2UZ and 1UZvvti are MLS. have not pulled the engine apart let, put you can clearly see the metal layers at the corners of the heads, where the gasket sticks out a bit.

rod
as my engine has 10.5:1 comp i am also looking at getting low comp pistons about 8.5:1
yes i will need to get a set of head gaskets
are you going to get new rod and head studs?
thanks
pete

I don't know if you can get low comp pistons for the 2UZ.

New rods seem a little hard to come up with. I don't know of any that are commercially available.

I'll use ARP studs.

rpm gaskets

Zuffen,
Just a heads up... the gaskets being sold at the link that you listed (rpm machine) are not MLS they are composite (CFM). I cannot find another source for MLS beyond this site. Anyone find another source for MLS?

Attachments

• valve 005.jpg
    valve 005.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
  • valve 001.jpg
    valve 001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
I ended up buying from Lextreme.

I figured for the small price difference I would rather have the comfort of knowing David wouldn't sell anything that wasn't first class plus the satisfaction of supporting the Site financially.

I ended up buying the Cometic h/g's and a full engine gasket kit.

If the Lextreme price had doubled I would have still been better off than buying locally.