Head Gaskets/ARP studs too tall/Torque needed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

plman

Just finished a balanced blueprinted engine install, street ported heads, ARP studs, 20 over Ross pistons, new factory rods, new factory cams, etc. This engine was designed for forced air or nitrous later one. Head gaskets, used Cometic and be careful, we filled up intake valley in minutes with oil, they do not cover redesigned engines after 98, but list and show design as for 92-00 years, they show something different on their site then what is needed for 98 up 1uzfe, for sure, be careful. Lextreme supplied parts, unknown to Lextreme that they were wrong. Cometic shipped directly to me so they did not have time to inspect gaskets, needless to say, very costly. Lextreme has come forward and offered to help with some of the cost of pulling the engine apart and with the reinstall. This is just good business and I would recommend Lextreme for doing the right thing. I will continue to do business with Lextreme, since I have more to do. So I pass this along to everyone. I believe Lextreme can be counted on.
ARP studs, yes they are too long and will hit cams, just grind them down a little, not much to not hit the cams, not an issue after that. Be carefull about getting too short, we went for build and others were too short. Also be certain that you torque down the ARP studs to specifications, 60 ft lb with molly lube or 70 ft lb with 30 weight.
ACL bearing, reading where they may not be the best for our applications, only time will tell on that issue.
Ross pistons, understand they are aluminum, effected by heat and cold differently than cast metal.
Also in this whole mess, I had Cherokee County Toyota, Canton GA do the install. They did everything right and the mistakes made were not by them. Also because what had happened, they reduced the cost of 2nd removal, pulled heads put in factory gaskets and reinstall by 60% to help out, they wanted to see it done right also. If you'll in the area I would recommend them highly also, they do things right and guarantee their work. Mechanic by the name of David Gay is top notch. I will be overhauling the old engine, both Lextreme and CCT can be counted upon to do things right and take care of you. I post this so all can have heads up on what to look for and whom you can trust for your work and parts, real important to me on limited budget. Always check and double check on parts before install and work performed. As always, it takes more time and money to do it a second time then doing it right the first time, that has not changed. I have lots of photos of build if interested and have inspected every inch of these engines, really great intake system and I understand that the headers may not be worth the hassle and money for results. Nothing wrong with the factory exhaust manifolds at all.
When I have more results on power increase, and mpgs will post. Initially the ported heads work very well and computer can handle change in air flow. Power is for sure more, how much unknown right now. Will be adding Pulstar Pulse Plugs and testing later on, doing dyno before and after on base factory then on my modified engine.

yes, the first studs on front of heads both sides, just barely touches the cams and have to be ground off just a little after you install will not effect nuts or anything, just check them out first before you install the cams, not major at all.