Hard Steering

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Philly#1 Lex

Yes I did search. Cant get a definate answer. I rebuilt my power steering pump about a month ago becaus it was leaking and killed my alternator. Replaced alt and rebuilt pump with gasket set from toyota. After putting it all back together and bleeding the heck out of the system I finally had great power steering back. It worked just fine on the ride home No problems.I took the car to the shop to get some body work on it and Then I notice I dont have Power steering anymore. Very hard to turn. So I went to check the resovouir and the fluid was still full and I notice that if you take the PS fluid cap off the fluid comes bubbling out if the car is on! But now mine doesnt? I take of the cap and there is no bubbling or anything like there is no pressure in there? WTF! mad.gif Any suggestions? Is there a fuse of some sort that controls the Power steering? If so any suggestions? Where to get a good rebuilt pump at? Thanks!

If the pump was rebuilt correctly and everything inside was ok, try looking at the vacuum switching valve mounted on the pump. Make sure the vac hoses are connected correctly. Power steering fluid in the vac lines also indicates a faulty valve.

its easy to get an air lock in most of the toyota low pressure feed lines between the resivoir and pump
the best way to bleed the system is too fill the large hose first then put it back on the reserve tank , remove the return hose too the tank and put it into a 5 litre container block off the tank inlet fill the tank to the top then with coils disconnected crank the engine over keeping the reserve tank full untill the fluid comes out clean and no bubbles.
i have had hassles with the steel tank version also, these are alot harder to bleed the air from below the fine steel mesh but do the same it just takes longer.

What did your mechanic do on your car? The rack and pinion also affect the powersteering. There is a selenoid (spelling) might get lock up or the plug came off. If the valve doesnt open, you dont have PS.

Does anyone have a part number for the solenoid for the PS rack? Could the dealership and they wanted $943.40 for a solenoid :wtf: and I told them I will call them another time:eek1: I bled the pump and there was definately alot of air in there but we did a test on the PS rack to check to see if the solenoid was getting correct voltage and the manual says it should be somewhere in between 6 - 11 ohms and we where getting 11.5 ohms. but we could hear the clicking in the solenoid? So I am confused what I should do I ordered another used pump of ebay and I am thinking if I should get a new rack off of ebay as well because the solenoid is to expensive from the dealer. Suggestions?

I have a friend does rack and pinion and if you are interested, i can ask for you. Its cheaper to replace the whole unit then just the solenoid. PM if you need more info...

maybe you need a new rack, but i wonder if the solenoid comes with it. Anyhow, i have had similiar problems and i suspect this solenoid as well. My pump makes some noise sometimes, then sometimes doesn't and i have replaced it.