Had the V8 e30 on the track! Action ooooo year

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drifty325i

Had an awesome day at Ruapuna (Raceway here in NZ) today, was the Lancia/Fiat club day. Alot of other cars turned up though Few Ferrari's,Lambo,Porsches,350z,TVRs,V8 RX7,Walkinshaw comordore etc.

The e30 went very well I though, Had full interior and sounds subs,amps etc.Had some really good duels with the TVR and the Commy,Was slightly quicker than the v8 TVR though and the 380rwhp Track tired Walkinshaw, Good bit quicker than the Porsche 911 3.6 (He lost it while infront of me lol) , left pretty much all of the fiats/Lancias,Lambo behind, didnt get a chance to play with ferrari gutted or the Elise,The RX7 (Would of ate me) and 350z because he spun out trying to keep up with me lol. Was quicker around the track than the some of the smaller engined Lotus 7s (however they were well quicker around the corners and on the brakes), the v8 and cosworth ones were way to quick, dam they are quick! Also the fiat x1/9 racecar was very fast and beat everything

The Radiator needs upgrading,was struggling on the hot day while driving slow after i had been caning it.
Also was getting a little hot when really really pushing the car, this caused the link to cut the engine out a few times also when the gas was getting low it was starving for fuel on some corners.

The car handled very well,well balanced indeed, very predictable, brakes held up very well, they got a good working.Toyo T1R tires were good,bloody good road tires, decent grip, would of loved some proper track tires though. By the way traction was excellent! hardly chirped the tires comming out of the corners when i was progresive on the throttle. Did get a few drifts going just for fun No real close calls so that was good.

Here's a video on you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90kc8tnvOjY

Wearing Franks, JJS John Jone's steel race suit and helmet, as you can see it was slightly to small lol and it was bloody hot wearing it!

Good stuff...

Thats a tight line you took coming off the sweeper.

Looks like a lot of fun mixing it with so many different fast street cars :)

Very tight line, probably to tight, i was changing up all the time lol. Was a really good selection of cars there, also a tt legacy wagon, it was quite quick, funny to watch. Next time i want to go out with somp jappers, prob get eatin by evos though

Damn, I should have been there! It looks like a good field. I'll claim I'm saving my tyres for the Clubsport National at Easter. The mazda seems to eat them - strangely enough.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 24
**** that looks like fun, a bit different to my straight line racing. i would love to get my commy on the circuit but dont think it would go around corners fast enough. did you get any times at all?

Attachments

• almost hilux 001.jpg
    almost hilux 001.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 298