GTM matched w/ 1uz and g50

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

buellx1

Well, to see if this project is even possible:
- GTM kit car (mid-engine car from Factory Five)
Kit is designed for a ls6 from a c5 vette (not a fan of chevy's)
- G50 trans
- C5 vette cooling and fuel tanks

Q: Will it be possible to mount a 1uz lexus motor instead of a ls6?
Q: What is all needed to mount the G50 trans to the motor?
Q: Electric system (not good w/ elect.)?

Please look at the kit and let me know what you think
http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html

There's already another thread on here about the G50 to UZ adaptors, and they're available. Do a search using "G50" or "Porsche G50", etc.

Don't know about the difference in mounts between the chebby and the UZ, but since it's a kitcar, I'm sure the mounting can be modified.

Nice choice!

thanks for the fast reply. info was very helpful. i'm contacting Factory Five first thing this coming week and ask some Q's. I'm also going to have to figure out how to get the exhaust out the back (custom piping isn't cheap). plus i'd want to run a pair of turbos for some extra umph:Eyecrazy:

BTW, not to steal anything from FF, but have a look at this car:

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7903

This is called the RCR-P, and it's engineered & built by Fran Hall of Racecar Replicas, near Detroit. It's a brand new, very contemporary design, and if you like the GTM, you'll probably like it as well.

And.....it's already setup with a twin turbo UZ motor with G50, although in these pics, the turbo piping isn't finished.

Here's Fran's website: www.racecarreplicas.com

I'll be putting a V12 mated to a G50 into one of his GT40 chassis' although I haven't committed to which one I really want - the MKI which has the classic GT40 look, or the MKII, the first of the cars that had the big 427's in them, or the completely redesigned MKIV that looks so sleek (and which Gurney/Foyt won Le Mans with in '67)

Here's my V12 GT40 build thread if you're curious: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=6330

I must say that is a sweat looking ride. The web site doesn't give much info on the build though, or price. I'm probably going to call them this week to see if the car is DOT aproved, if not thats out of the question cause I'm wanting something to drive around and show off.

But, Is a racey looking little thing

Thats a sweat looking ride. The web site doesn't tell you any thing about the build though. Wondering what all it comes w/ (interior, steering wheel, ect...). I'm not sure if that car would even be DOT aproved, looks a bit racey. Betting thats close to the $40k price range.

Going to give them a call to find out some info on it. Thanks for introducing it to me.

i think this combo is certainly possible. It's what i would like to do some day, funny i started looking at the gtm again today after forgeting about it find you post this topic on lextreme 2 days ago.

Personally I like the look of the DDR Motorsport SP4 (well it would technically be the SP8 but thats another story).

The only thing desperately wrong with the SP4/8 is that it looks like a Mclaren F1, which is a very nice looking car indeed and is a great car, with the DDR SP4 also looking great don't get me wrong......its jus that, everyone will think..... oh look its a Mclaren F1! Oh no wait a minute its not, its just a kit car.... :(

I love FFR. They are a good solid US company and the GTM is just awesome. Instead of most replica factories. They create their own version of supercars. However during their earlier years they have good success with the Cobra Replica.