Immo ECU with matched KEY

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gonzalo Bravo

Hi, I am trying to run JDM 1UZ VVTi engine (originally coming with 89661-50450´s ECU) with a LS400 (USDM) 1UZ VVTi´s ECU (89661-3A464) that came with her key, coil and a IS300 amplifier (89783-5310).

I Pluged the 5 amplifier´s wires as per attached diagram, place the key in to the coils and ground the EOM wire of same plug to earth, but did not start. So question are:

• KSW (pin 20) needs to be grounded? Its an open circuit as per diagram.
  • MPX1 & MPX2 make me to get lost. Should I joint them? Grounded? dont care and problem is other???

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Immo_Question.jpg
    Immo_Question.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 41
check dtcs first
If there's dtc99, run obd2 scanner to see detailed description of the problem

you can also set up a very low power LED and resistor to either end of the antenna coil. If it blinks for a while each time you turn the ignition on then it's most likely the unmatched key being the problem

check dtcs first
If there's dtc99, run obd2 scanner to see detailed description of the problem

you can also set up a very low power LED and resistor to either end of the antenna coil. If it blinks for a while each time you turn the ignition on then it's most likely the unmatched key being the problem

It isnt OBD2, It has the old plug.
This type:
toyota_23pin.gif

Isnt important to connect the MPXs wires?

Bridge ТЕ1 with E1 to read DTCs
The plug shown above is the engine bay plug. Donor car had one more plug in cabin. Apparently you just don't have the part of the loom that contains the second diagnostic plug.

No MPX wires are not needed to run the engine

Bridge ТЕ1 with E1 to read DTCs
The plug shown above is the engine bay plug. Donor car had one more plug in cabin. Apparently you just don't have the part of the loom that contains the second diagnostic plug.

No MPX wires are not needed to run the engine

This do not have TE1 plug. I plugged E1 with TC as pictures but check engine light remains on, with no blinks.

Attachments

• 20140720_144437.jpg
    20140720_144437.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 18
See if the TC pin in the plug is connected to ECU. Consult your wiring diagram.

Check it and works with the non immo ecu that came with engine but light stays on with 89661-3A464 like if TC possition in ecu is different between both ECUs, but match with LS400 diagram and some others.

Which wires are a must tu run this setup? (immo ecu with key+antenna+amplifier)

Attachments

• Captura3.JPG
    Captura3.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 19
Which wires are a must to run this setup? (immo ecu with key+antenna+amplifier)

I tried an JDM IMMO ecu and bring DTC 99 with key and amp plugged, but USDM is not bringing any code, any idea????

LED connected to antenna flashes once on the video. This usually occurs when key is read and accepted. Which does not correlate with DTC99 you see.

I've seen a couple USDM ECUs (LS400, vvti) , they did not blink warning light when TC bridged with E1. They were however OBD2 compliant contrary to JDM ECUs which ran their own diagnostic protocol. I think your situation is normal then.

LED connected to antenna flashes once on the video. This usually occurs when key is read and accepted. Which does not correlate with DTC99 you see.

I've seen a couple USDM ECUs (LS400, vvti) , they did not blink warning light when TC bridged with E1. They were however OBD2 compliant contrary to JDM ECUs which ran their own diagnostic protocol. I think your situation is normal then.
Considering that, the USDM ECU should run the engine and is not.
Are the wiring of the amplifier ok or do I miss some wires?

attachment.php

You didn't show amp's pinout - maybe you connect ECU pins to wrong amplifier pins. Also don't forget to run ground and +12v power to the amp.

From ECU side everything is ok
The KSW pin is used to monitor insertion/removal of a key, but it doesn't affect start-up.

The single flash looks like something wrong. Try one more experiment.
Disconnect amplifier
Connect your LED to "CODE R/W" pin. When you turn the ignition on, it must blink for about 10 seconds, that will confirm that
1 ECU has immobilizer
2 The pin diagram is correct

You didn't show amp's pinout - maybe you connect ECU pins to wrong amplifier pins. Also don't forget to run ground and +12v power to the amp.

From ECU side everything is ok
The KSW pin is used to monitor insertion/removal of a key, but it doesn't affect start-up.

Disconnect amplifier
Connect your LED to "CODE R/W" pin. When you turn the ignition on, it must blink for about 10 seconds, that will confirm that
1 ECU has immobilizer

Will do such test. In the meantime, the amp conection is on the first post, where I connected all 5 pins as follows:

Pin 1 in amp (red) to +B (white)
Pin 2 in amp (white/blue) to ecu pin 18 (red/white) dark grey connector
Pin 3 in amp (white) to ecu pin 19 (red/black)
Pin 4 in amp (white/yellow) to ecu pin 17 (red)
Pin 5 in amp (black) to ground.

That sounds ok to me...
Do you use resistor in series with your LED? (important)
Did you try to reverse the polarity of connecting your LED to antenna terminals? (ant1, ant2)
Did you make sure the antenna is ok? (coil has resistance of less than 200 Ohm)

Disconnect amplifier
1 ECU has immobilizer

I did it and led remains ON, no flash, no turn OFF
R/W remains +12
R/B remain +12
R no power

That sounds ok to me...
Do you use resistor in series with your LED? (important)
Did you try to reverse the polarity of connecting your LED to antenna terminals? (ant1, ant2)
Did you make sure the antenna is ok? (coil has resistance of less than 200 Ohm)

I am using a small led display that works with +12, connected to the coil, like pictures attached.
Works on any contacts.
Antenna has 1.6 ohms

The video shows that now is flashing once or just one flash, but on random basis!

Also were were able to scan trough OBD2, and code in IMMO code.

here is the flashing/no flashing video (switch noise is on/off)

http://youtu.be/PBQ0g46f8hE

Attachments

• 20140723_124445.jpg
    20140723_124445.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20140723_124501.jpg
    20140723_124501.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2014-07-23-10-56-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-23-10-56-49.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
Do you also connect earth/negative to E1 pin of ECU?
The CODE pin staying on/off constantly sounds like wrong pinout or faulty ECU (if power is applied properly) or non-immobilized ECU

Do you also connect earth/negative to E1 pin of ECU?
The CODE pin staying on/off constantly sounds like wrong pinout or faulty ECU (if power is applied properly) or non-immobilized ECU

Yes, all the rest is connected. A clear example is that I run same engine with other non IMMO ecu and starts ok. But plug this USDM with all immo device and dont start (both vvti 98-00)

Remember is a USDM ECU with JDM engine.

You say the ecu could have different pinout that engine? in such case, the immo system shoud work ok with a reflahed key in a JDM ecu?