GS300/400 engine similarities

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LEXUSA

Obviously one is an I-6, the other a V-8. Are the pistons and valves the same in both? Bore and stroke? Combustion chamber design?

I'm just wondering because it would seem that the cylinders displace the same and a good efficient design would work on either style of engine configuration. 3000cc/6 = 500cc and 4000cc/8 = 500cc. Definately makes sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

I've found a nice pic of a 300 combustion chamber, very motorcycle in design, shallow pent-roof hemi design, currently the most efficient. Is the 400 the same or similar?

I'm simply curious. I don't see any need for there to be a difference just because one is a six and the other an eight. Is bore and stroke the same for the 300/400? I can't see why the valves would need to be different or even the pistons.

The 2JZ runs an 86mm/86mm bore/stroke.
The 1UZ runs an 87.5mm/82.5mm bore/stroke.

So therefore the pistons are different.

I'm 99% sure the valve stem lengths are different as well (pretty sure 2JZ ones are shorter).

You have to remember that:
A) the 1UZ was developed a few years before the 2JZ
B) the 2JZ head was supposedly developed by Yamaha where as the 1UZ head was by Toyota
C) the engines were designed for different purposes/applications (1UZ as a cruiser, 2JZ as more of a racer) so they were designed differently
D) Historically, interchangeabililty of parts between different families of engines has been minimal.

C) the engines were designed for different purposes/applications (1UZ as a cruiser, 2JZ as more of a racer) so they were designed differently

http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=543

quoting David Currier, VP of Engine Engineering, TRD, USA....

-------------
v-eight.com
given things such as 6bolt crank main bearing caps, it could be suggested that the 1uz's original design brief was for motorsport application. can you comment on the development of the 1uz, and how far has the basic block design evolved, as it now being used in the TRD/Lexus Rolex Grand Am setup, and previously in the gt500 jgtc supras.

David Currier
1UZ based on CART/IRL engine design. Planned to be used on GT500. Daytona Prototype use was not planned.
-------------

Six-bolt mains, Aye Caramba!

Are the engines in the GS300/SC300/RX300 all the same engine?

Thanks for all the info and replies, this is just for my amusement and comparison sake. I find it interesting how some items are kept the same for an entire brand of engine while some items are unique to each model. Somethings just don't matter. This goes for cars or motorcycles etc.

Will a 1UZ bolt to any Front-Wheel-Drive transaxle? This would be for a mid-engine KitCar set-up, not in a Corolla or Camry. Similar to the MR2 deal without having to resource parts from such a limited line.