Got my suspension sorted

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SwissSC400

Normally I start to modify my cars pretty fast. However this SC400 is a new record even for me. Only a little more than a month after I got it, already I'm replacing parts as if there's no tomorrow. Must be the 'Mod-Bug' which hit me hard. LOL.

First I got rid of the 92 taillights. The 98+ ones look much nicer. The only problem is that I forgot to order the frequency module. So now the warning lamp in the cockpit has light up allthough all the lights work fine. Well the turn signal is on exctasy but I don't really care about that. However to get rid of the warning light I'll have to order the frequency module anyway.

sc400heck.jpg

Next on the list was the suspension. Allthough the suspension wasn't that bad, especially after having done 200'000 km, there was a lot room for improvement. So I installed a TEIN Type Flex damper kit with Whiteline swaybars and Whiteline poly bushes for the front and rear of the lower control arm.

What a difference that made! Not only got I rid of a lot of noises due to worn bushes, but the handling has improved majorly. And I haven't even done the alignment properly, yet. Cool

teinflex.jpg
querlenker.jpg

Next is power. Already I got a nice RushImports header sitting here. A 5Zigen cat back exhaust system is on the way from Japan. These babies plus some custom welding and piping will sort the exhaust. Kelfort cams, BFI plus ECU will have to do the rest until Neil is ready with the S/C setup

header.jpg

I can't believe this. I got a completely modded, race prepared Impreza STi 2003 in the garage and I prefer to toy around with the SC. That baby got something special and I guess it's that 1UZ-FE. Looks like I fell in love. LMAO PMP

Cheers guys,

Dirk

That's real Australian stuff :) In fact these bushes are made by Whiteline. They are specifically for the UZZ30 suspension. Part numbers are W0577 and W0578 and they retail for around AUS$ 58 each set.

Whiteline also got sway bars (fixed and adjustable) as well a strut tower bar. I got the adjustable sway bars and have set the front to the firmer of the two settings and the rear to the middle of the three settings.

The front sway bar comes complete with new link and the rear with new bushes. However I found out that the KLC30 sway bar links for the front of the WRX works like OEM on the rear of the SC400 :)

However Whiteline got tons of stuff for all kinds of cars. Let me know if you need anything. My company is Whiteline distributor for Switzerland and Germany and I can probably get you a good deal.

Cheers,
Dirk